Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Time Will Come (Sept. 29th)


The Time Will Come 

Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

Firelight
by Sophie Jordan

(Summary from GoodReads)

A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.

Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.

Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.


Have you ever sat down to read something, turned to page one, and went totally blank? Sat there staring at the words but none of them would come through, as though there was some invisible screen keeping you and the text separated? That is what I experienced last week when I sat down, thinking I was going to read Firelight. It was very frustrating.

Firelight is the kind of book I should be guaranteed to love. Romance. Forbidden love. Danger. Dragons! I've mentioned this before, but the poor customer service person at Chapters hunted through the shelves and the back room four times to find this for me. I was really quite impressed with his persistence. These are just a few of the reasons that I was baffled by my hesitation to get started on this book.

It could be that I have very high expectations and I am worried they will be dashed. (I hate that! I don't enjoy giving books a negative review and I don't enjoy a book that looks promising to me not delivering what I thought it would.) It could be that I've been on such a contemporary YA kick lately; a lot of the paranormal stuff I've been reading has felt a little flat in comparison to stuff like Perfect Chemistry, The Sky Is Everywhere, or Shut Out.

Or it could simply be that the time wasn't right. I hope this is the reason, personally.

If all goes according to plan, Firelight will be one of the books that I will be reading next month. Who knows, maybe it will even get nominated for some Bleeding Heart Awards?

So, what do you have on your shelves that you want to read but haven't gotten around to? I'd love to know, so feel free to share. :D

5 comments:

  1. I saw this book on a friends to read list. The blurb looks really good. I think I will have to add it to the wishlist. I hope you get round to it soon :D

    Jennyx

    http://chocolatechunkymunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I want to read as well. I love the cover.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, and this is funny. I have this feature on my blog on Tuesdays called Dusty Reads ;)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book. It's one of those novels that really surprised me. I hope you get to it soon but at the right time so you'll be likely to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book yet, but it's one of the ones that I really want to get to! Looks really amazing, and it just looks pretty :) Here's mine: http://writingcrazyme.blogspot.com/2011/09/will-time-come-18-september-29th.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...