Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reading Through Thursday: Replay


Have you ever read a book and loved it so much that you went back and started re-reading it again?

I'm not sure if I can think of a book where I immediately started reading again. This is probably because I buy groups of books together since I don't drive and either (a) get them from a rare trip to a bookstore, or (b) get them sent in groups through the mail since they can be shipped free that way.

The things that I tend to do when I love a book are to either tell others about it or offer it as a giveaway (Yes, that does mean I plan to make a habit of that...) I'm also likely to give a book I love my award, The Kat's Meow, here on my blog.

So, want to know some books that I love? Here you go...

The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins

What I Did: 

I recommended this to my little brother and my boyfriend. My brother ended up buying Catching Fire and Mockingjay for me (letting me have them once he finished reading them) and my boyfriend did an article with me about The Hunger Games and is now in the process of reading Catching Fire.

The Sky Is Everywhere
by Jandy Nelson

What I Did:

This is the book that I created The Kat's Meow for. It's also the book I am giving away two copies of right now. (Winners will be announced this evening.) I've also gotten my mother, my grandma and two aunts to read this.

Marked
by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast

What I Did / What I Do:

My mother and I both read the House of Night books. I'm completely addicted to them, albeit for a strange reason. (Which I'll probably talk about in more detail when I review Destined next month.) This is one of those series that is a day one auto buy. What can I say? I'm hooked.

Shut Out
by Kody Keplinger

What I Did / What I'm Doing:

This is the second recipient of The Kat's Meow. My mom is planning to read it and my boyfriend is thinking of picking this up for our column eventually. (Yes, you read that right.) This is also a solid contender for Book of the Month and could end up being a future giveaway.

* + * + * + *

So, what are the books on your favorites list? What do you do with them? Feel free to share. :) 

7 comments:

  1. Nice techniques. I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from BTT.

    http://edwardsgranddaugther.blogspot.com/2011/09/b-i-b-l-e.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have people around you that read, I don't and really miss having someone to talk to about my books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice comment.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with The Hunger Games 100%. I haven't read the others but added them to my list! I'd say my others are Matched by Ally Condie, Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler, This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and Divergent by Veronica Roth.
    I recommend all my favorites to my students. Usually the girls eat up the suggestions...working on the boys (they're sophomores).
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the first three books on this list--though I haven't had time to pick up Shut Out yet :)

    And as for my post, I've read all of the VA novels! Though I agree--Blood Promise (the forth one) was the most boring. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...