Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Time Will Come (Sept. 15th)

started by Books For Company

The Time Will Come 

Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

Delirium
by Lauren Oliver 

(Summary from GoodReads):

Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe.

I wonder whether the procedure will hurt.

I want to get it over with.

It’s hard to be patient.

It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet.

Still, I worry.

They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness.

The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.


I bought this way back in early August when I did a huge Amazon order. Everything from that order has either been read or labeled as DNF (did not finish) except for this and Keturah and Lord Death. (Which I've held off on because I mostly bought it for personal reading, rather then to worry about reviewing.)

So, what's holding me back? First, there is the fact that I read a ton of dystopian fiction last month: Catching Fire, Mockingjay, Bumped, Wither and Divergent. Did I like / love each book? Yes. But I think by the time I finished Divergent, as much as I adored it (I love Four! I know, I say that whenever I get the chance...) I was getting a little burnt out on the dystopian thing.

And that's really too bad, because this looks like a great book that deserves to be read. Okay, I admit it. There is another reason that I have stalled. What's that, you might ask? The thing that makes the world in Delirium dystopian and so messed up -- the fact that love has been classified as a disease in need of mandatory treatment -- is possibly one of the most terrifying ideas I have ever heard. I know I am going to be biting my nails reading this, because I am a complete sap and this book encompasses what would probably be my worst nightmare. 

But I'll get to it eventually, I'm sure. I was scared to read Wither and I got through that. I can do this.

So, what do you have on your shelves that you want to read but haven't gotten around to? I'd love to know, so feel free to share. :D 

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your post at Books for Company when I linked my post up to the linky.
    I read Delirium while on holiday this year, and it was a really REALLY good read! I highly recommend it!

    I would really appreciate it if you would have a look at my post for the meme and comment :)
    http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com/2011/09/time-will-come-1.html

    Dani @ Pen to Paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read that one, but I've heard both good and bad things about it. Hope you get round to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to read this but like you, I haven't gotten a chance yet. If it makes you feel any better, I love Four too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's exciting you haven't read this one!
    It's such an amazing read, definitely try to make time for it soon.
    Thanks for taking part =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...