Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Latest Book Shopping Spree...

So today was the last day of Chapters' Buy 3 Get 1 FREE sale. I was suppose to sing for another night at the Walk On The Wild Side fundraiser, but my throat has been out of sorts and it was decided the two sets I did yesterday were plenty. (My apologies to those who hoped to hear me this evening. And many thanks to anyone who attended, listened or -- most importantly -- donated to this wonderful cause.)

I did my part by winning an auction for a bunch of Twilight stuff. Not my absolute favorite series in the entire universe, but perhaps the bag, posters and watch will be lucky? Who knows. :) Either way, it was a nice way to give them $20 to help the animals and for me to remember the evening.

I had to have this.
The date doesn't matter. Good posters. :)
Won't fit me. Will become collectors' item.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I don't drive because I have cerebral palsy and I'm legally blind. So today I had the opportunity to spend a day shopping with my mother instead, which is always awesome. :D

Mom (left) and I (right)
But I think what will be of most interest to you guys, is this...

My New Books:

I bought these:









And here are my free books...



And this was on for 30% off at WalMart...


So now I'm totally shopped out. :D And I have no idea how I'm going to figure out what I want to read first.

What do you think, though? Did I get a good mix of books? Some of this is really new, while some of it is older stuff that I missed and want to watch up on. Some is stuff that I figure people will want reviews on, while some (*cough* Dragon's Oath *cough*) is pure self indulgence. House of Night is the series that got me interested in YA... It's like chocolate, I can't say no.

Fear not! I have every intention on picking up lots of the new stuff that is coming out this month. But Buy 3 get 1 Free was just too good a deal to pass up on.

2 comments:

  1. These are really great! If I were you, I'd read THE SHUT OUT, SHIVER, WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON, WITCHES OF EAST END, and INVINCIBLE SUMMER. I've read WG and Shiver and want to read the other three.

    I don't know about the rest of them but I've always wanted to read I AM NUMBER FOUR after seeing all the hype about it.

    I wish my local bookstores have Buy 3 Get 1 Free sales. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous, I would LOVE to find a buy 3 get 1 free or any kind of good sale..lolz..
    I LOVE to buy books I wish I could win the lotto and then I would build a dream library and stack it with a gazillion books! Then I would find out the most neglected schools in the US & send them a lot of cool books too.
    Great deal & I LOVE the Twilight stuff too.
    Have a gr8 week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...