Friday, September 16, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday (Sept. 16th)

Hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

I've long said that there is a connection between YA and anime / manga. Today I am actually going to choose a "world" from one of my favorite anime, since most of my current favorite books wouldn't really suit this question. My choice would be...


Why? 

I love the way that the artists convey feudal Japan. I love the adventures that Kagome, InuYasha, etc. have in the show. But most of all, I'd love to fall through the bone eater's well and meet...

Naraku
Yes, I know he is the bad guy. But he is probably one of my favorite villains of all time. And he is an interesting and complex villain at that. I wonder what he would do if someone approached him and told him that they would help him find the pieces of the Shikon no Tama? (Jewel) 

Yes, I realize this is utter folly and 100% wish fulfillment. But really, the "magic fairy" did say to wish, so wish I did. ;) Besides, everybody knows I'm obsessed with anime villains anyway. :D 

It's true that it would likely be a disaster of epic proportions. He could betray me. He could just kill me. Or meeting me might lead him down a totally different path. That's the fun of "what if?", though. In the realm of the imagination, anything can happen.

So, what world do you wish would come to life and what would you do with it? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :D 

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, well, just make the magical fairy grant you with some sort of invincibility or whatever lol

    That's actually a great choice :)

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm following Back :)

    Jess
    The Romanceaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sotpping by my blog! Great answer :) I'm a new follower!

    Amy @ Following the Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I used to LOVE Inuyasha! Being able to go into that world would be so cool! Except that, despite the coolness of feudal Japan, I would not be able to understand a word. LOL. x)

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Kathy! I'm following you back for sure! :)

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO idea when it comes to anime. BUT I hear you. These anime villains can probably be really creepy. :-)
    New follower! Happy Friday
    My FF: Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer and very original!

    New follower :)

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Great unique choice. I love manga but have watched very little anime. I need to get more into it.
    New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answer. I love InuYasha.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer! I went though a period where I really liked anime and it would definitely interesting to see some of those worlds brought to life.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice! ^_^ Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following back. Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...