Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 12th, 2011)


This looks like fun, so I'm going to give it a try. :) Let's have a look at what I read last week and what I hope to read in the coming days. If you take part in this meme, feel free to link me to your post. If not, feel free to join me and try it to. What have you got to lose?

What I Read This Week...

Dragon's Oath
by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast

Okay, so I'm cheating a little. I read this last Sunday night. I couldn't resist devouring this novella since I am such a huge fan of the House of Night series. It makes me very anxious for Destined to release so I can find out what happens next.

Jekel Loves Hyde
by Beth Fantaskey

I really did not care for this book. I've said that enough already on here though. This took me way longer to finish then it had any right to. But I kept hoping it would get better. (I'm actually pretty bad for DNF books. Although at least I'm kind enough not to review them...)

Shut Out
by Kody Keplinger

Waiting to read this was torture. It exceeded all of my expectations and I absolutely loved it. It is also the second recipient of The Kat's Meow Award for Amazing Storytelling. If you like funny contemporary with great characters, this is a must read. Definitely the highlight of my week. (By a tight margin considering what I finished my week with, though...)

Invincible Summer
by Hannah Moskowitz

This book was definitely off the beaten path for me. The Camus quotes drove me up the wall, but overall it was a really well done portrayal of family, friends and home time can change everything. Glad I read it. :)

Rules of Attraction
by Simone Elkeles

I devoured this book. I could not stop reading. The characters were great, the pacing was perfect and the story had me glued to my chair. What a fantastic way to end the week. If you haven't read the Perfect Chemistry series I highly recommend that you check it out.


And This Week's Books Are...

Firelight
by Sophie Jordan

A romance featuring a girl who can turn into a dragon. I'll give it this: it's original. I'm both anxious and nervous to read Firelight. I want it to be good, but I know there is always that risk that I won't like it. I hope that it's good, though. It would give me an excuse to pick up the sequel, Vanish, that just released last week.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson 
by John Green and David Levithan

I've heard lots of good things about this book, so I am pretty eager to open it up and start reading. It will be interesting to see whether having two authors writing in the same book will be to it's benefit or not.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
by Ransom Riggs

As you probably already know, I am taking part in the Fall Book Club that Tracey Neithercott is hosting on her blog, Words on Paper. What you might not know is that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is our first selection. So this is just the tip of the iceberg -- I'll also be reviewing the book and then writing about it for the book club on September 30th. This book looks very promising.

A Few More Thoughts...

I know what you're thinking: "But you only listed three books!"

Yep. That's right. Because I am one of those silly neurotic people who will get annoyed if I don't complete something. Plus I'm doing revisions for my novel Moon Dance. Plus I'm still outlining Untouchable and doing character questionaires for it. Heaven help me when Gears of War 3 releases next Tuesday. :)

But at least you get a glimpse of what you have to look forward to. :)

Anyway, thanks so much for visiting my blog. Remember, my giveaway for The Sky Is Everywhere ends on Thursday and I will be announcing the winners. So if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?

So what did you read last week? What are you hoping to read soon? Feel free to post in the comments or link me to your "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" :) Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you read alot. I write too. Do you think I'm as good as you? http://fearnodream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Peregrine looks so good, but I worry I'm going to be freaked out if I read it at night! Those pictures! I hope you enjoy it though.
    My Monday: http://literarylindsey.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-monday-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty excited to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. :) I've heard many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...