Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (Nov. 23rd)


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's can't wait to read it selection is...

Eternal Starling
by Angela Corbett
A love so strong, even eternity can’t separate them.

Evie Starling has lived a relatively uneventful life hanging out with friends, gossiping about boys, and driving her 1966 Mustang. All of that changes when she moves to Gunnison, Colorado, to start college and meets two mysterious men.

For centuries, Alex Night and Emil Stone have yearned for Evie—but they each have their own reasons for wanting to be with her. When both men claim to be her soul mate and tell her about an unbelievable past, Evie learns that she’s not the person she thought she was. Soon, Evie finds herself in the middle of an age-old battle between the Amaranthine Society—the soul protectors, and the Daevos Resistance—the soul destroyers. With a past she doesn’t understand, and a future rife with danger, Evie has to decide who she can trust. But Alex and Emil aren’t the only ones who want Evie, and her soul is about to become the rope in an eternal tug-of-war.

Why I Want It:

1. Just what kind of danger is her soul in? I always love stories where this sort of thing is an issue, especially if the author has the guts to tackle what 'the soul' is and means within their universe. How in depth we'll get here is yet to be seen, but it looks promising.

2. Two men are both claiming to be Evie's soulmate. Okay, there's something you don't see every day. I love stories about soulmates. And I can definitely appreciate a well constructed love triangle. This situation should lead to some interesting conflict and some pretty ackward situations.

3. What will we find out about these societies, hm? Are good and evil going to be clearly defined here, or is there more to it then meets the eye? I'm very curious!

4. The pre-release reviews that I have been reading seem to agree that Evie is an active character. Thank goodness! If a girl is going to be labelled as a "heroine" she needs to do something.

5. If I don't get this, my lovely new Eternal Starling bookmark is going to be very lonely. It just arrived in the mail today. :) Thanks to SupaGurl Books.

One thing that I must say about this book, though, is that I am having a lot of trouble finding a relatively pain free way of getting it here in Canada when it releases. I've spoken to Angela on twitter and she says it is suppose to be available via Book Depository eventually. As it stands, though, I'm going to need to order it via Amazon.com if I want it on it's release date.

Does it tell you how bad I want to read this if I'm actually willing to pay for shipping? Yeah. I think that's a pretty strong endorsement.

Are you interested in Eternal Starling? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday? I'd love to know so feel free to leave me a link. 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been seeing this one on tour lately and it's really caught my eye as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my wishlist for a while now I can't wait, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Love the cover! It's stunningly BEAUTIFUL!!! I like it a lot!! Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I really hope you're able to get a copy to Canada soon, because it's clear that you're super excited for this. And I am too!! This is just screaming READ READ READ. I love books that explore the whole 'soul' element. Plus age-old battles, two hot guys and her own soul in some serious danger? Um, WANT. Cannot wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen and read so many good reviews for this book.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by the blog! I love the cover on this, but I'm not sure I can handle another love triangle. lol I'll have to wait and see what people are saying when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...