Thursday, November 17, 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday (Nov. 18th)


Q: What books do you hope Santa will bring?

I can hear a few of you groaning already. I posted my complete Christmas Wish List a couple weeks ago. If you want to see that, feel free to click here.

This isn't the first wishlist post I've done and it won't be the last, either. (Top Ten Tuesday has one coming up, too.) But I totally can't resist. I love the holidays! Anyway, I'm not giving you my super huge wishlist here. I'm just highlighting four books from it that I want for various reasons.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
by Morgan Matson
Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew—just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn’t seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she’s coming to terms with her father’s death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road—diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards—this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

This book was recommended by Marie from Ramblings of a Daydreamer when she was a guest for Saturday Spotlight. It sounds extremely interesting and I've wanted to read it ever since, but I haven't gotten around to ordering it because I have a huge TBR pile and adding even more books to it doesn't seem like the best idea. Still... At the same time I know that I don't need to read books I buy in the order I bought them, so if Santa wants to bring this (or any of the other books I list here) he can feel free.

Obsidian
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

I heard about this one from Giselle over at Xpresso Reads and I've been dying to get my hands on itever since. I love the idea behind this book and I am really curious to see how it will all play out. Truth be told, this is a book that Santa might not get a chance to bring me. I'm really tempted to grab this the day that it releases. 

Tiger's Curse
by Colleen Houck
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.

But that’s exactly what happened.

Face-to-face with dark forces, spell- binding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.

This book is the first in a series recommended to me by Joanne over at The Fairytale Nerd. We're hoping to discuss it once I've read it (I still need to get to the rest of the Iron Fey books, too.) This looks very unique and interesting and I am looking forward to getting started on it. Even if I can hear my TBR pile over on the bookshelf going "Oh no, not another series!". 

The Mephisto Covenant
by Trinity Faegen
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

I've been dying to read this since I first heard about it. It sounds like my kind of book. As with Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, the only reason I haven't grabbed it yet is because I am so backed up on reviews and overwhelmed with my current TBR. Of course, in this case I also don't trust myself to finish the books I need to read rather then jumping straight into this. (Seriously, I just had a copy of Die For Me by Amy Plum arrive in the mail and it's taking every ounce of stubbornness I possess not to drop everything and read it.) But I *will* get to this soon, I am sure. :) 


And now for something completely random...


Jay sent me this picture the other day via MSN and I found it totally adorable. I hope that you have enjoyed this totally random moment of cuteness as much as I did. I had to share them with you. :)


Thanks so much for dropping by! So, what books do you hope Santa will bring you this year? Have you read the books I've listed? I'd love to see your lists and hear your thoughts so please feel free to leave a comment. :) 

8 comments:

  1. I have to say, your blog is so pretty. And the way you're summaries are set up. Beautiful! :)

    I hope Santa brings you all of those books and more...and thanks for sharing the subwoofer picture - it is so cute and hilarious! :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute wintry background! I follow you here! happy friday! :)

    Stop by my blog and follow me back?! :) I'm hosting a cover craze today! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-friday-and-cover-craze-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still need to Read Mephisto,will do that soon. Great Wishlist. Check out my wishlist as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALMOST put Amy and Roger's Epic Detour on my list, but decided I already had too many. It looks great though! Great list!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, new follower
    http://musingsfromanaddictedreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to read Roger & Amy's Epic Detour, too! Great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Follower!

    I really hope Santa grants you your wish!

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want the Mephisto Covenant, new follower, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...