Friday, November 4, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Moon Dance

Summary:

He Saved Her Life...

Two years ago Sarena Lengton died in a fire. When her soul journeyed to the Underworld she met Kesyl, the Lord of Judgement. Refusing to let her die, he gave Sarena fruit from the Tree of Life. He also tasked her with a mission: to unite his soul with the human version of himself currently living on Earth.

She'll Save His Soul...

Students are going missing from Sterling High, and Sarena is certain that the Kindred, ageless beings who came to live on Earth during Y2K, are somehow responsible. Desperate to save her friends she turns to the one person who might be able to help: Prince Kesyl Veradayne. The same person who saved her life that dreadful December night her world went up in flames ... and then discarded her the moment she rejoined the living.

The Truth Could Change Everything...

Pursued by a deadly foe, Sarena and Kesyl must put their past aside if they want to survive. As everything each has ever known is tested, only one certainty will remain. They will not abandon each other. But will that be enough to save them when it seems the very heavens are conspiring against them?

I started writing Moon Dance in April and finished it in mid-July. I've been planning it far longer then that, though. Basically, it's a love story between a human girl named Sarena and an Immortal named Kesyl who has the power to take souls (among other things). The rough draft ended up being 91,000 words and I am now working on revisions. Character and plot consistency are my #1 priorities right now. This is likely going to be my NaNoWriMo update page and it will be getting "bumped" throughout the month. Feel free to leave a comment if you like.

November 1st -- 3rd: I've spent this time re-reading my manuscript and seeing what I actually have here, since I hadn't touched it since I finished it. There is a lot of work to be done and my first goal is likely going to be figuring out each major character's story arc and using those to create a new outline that will take into account the changes that I want to make.

November 4th: Today's goal is to write the new Chapter 1, where we will witness the fire and Kesyl and Sarena's meeting in the Underworld. How the heck did I not write this in round one?? Eek!

Today's teaser:

"You're not suppose to be dead." He stayed quiet a moment and Sara used the time to let what he was saying sink in. "Which explains you being here. I am the keeper of the only Tree of Life in the entire Underworld. No one eats from it without my permission."

"That's gotta be a boring job, babysitting a tree."

November 5th: Today I'm still working on Chapter 1, but it's going well and I am having fun with it. Kyden and the rest of the Dark Prophets have made their first appearance and as usual, Kyden is doing something to annoy Kesyl. Big surprise, huh?

Today's Teaser:

He reached out and cupped her cheek. She laughed, the power that surged around his fingers tickling her. "That's what I heard."

"You really don't want me to punish him?"

"No way." she gestured toward Kyden. "He's a bit of an idiot, but I don't think he meant any harm."

Want to add me as a buddy? My username is:
ladybastilla 

*The cover shown here is temporary. I just wanted an image for my book.

2 comments:

  1. sounds very good. mine is about a twin girl with multiple personality disorder trying to break free from her pyshco mothers grasp
    you can read some of it here

    www.ismonicareal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds REALLY good! I would definitely read this and hope you get it published! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...