Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (Nov 2nd)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Shatter Me
by Tahereh Mafi

Summary (from GoodReads)
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices,Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

Why I Want It: This book has had my interest for quite a while. I enjoy dystopian fiction and the idea of a girl having the power to kill via touch is interesting. It somewhat reminds me of Rogue from X-Men and I found her a very interesting character. It will be interesting to see how various things -- imprisonment, her ability, the instability of the world she lives in -- will effect Juliette. 

So, what are you looking forward to this week? I'd love to know. :)

9 comments:

  1. YAY! same book I picked for my WOW :) great minds....

    SupaGurl @ SupaGurl Books
    http://supagurlbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome WoW pick! I think you're going to LOVE Shatter Me! I can't wait to pick up a finished copy of the book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this week twice today. Hmm...You girls got the same mind. Hehe. I like the cover! The book sounds good! I'm going to tell my friend about this book tomorrow. Thank you for sharing! Great pick!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again someone who reminds me that I still need to pre-order a copy of this. :D

    Great pick,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, Kathy! I really enjoyed Shatter Me.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is a popular pick...looks exciting!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty colorful background. I really like it a lot. Come check out my WOW pick. Really loved Shatter me.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh, hello, why didn't I think Rogue when I heard about Juliette? Très clueless. I'm happy to have found another Shatter Me buddy! :)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...