Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Bleeding Hearts Awards: Voting Time!


First up: Thanks so much to everyone who nominated books and characters for The Bleeding Hearts Awards! You guys are totally awesome! I've done my best to put together some solid polls here. If I did not include a selection for some reason, my most sincere apologies. Some categories had way too many nominees and I had to narrow it down.

Based on the feedback that I got, I ended up making a few minor changes: 

(1) I got rid of the Most Terrifying Book category -- there was only one entry, The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I'm a total wuss so there was no way I could fill in the gaps there.

(2) I added a Best Dystopian category. I realize this is going to get mixed responses -- Dystopian fiction is sci-fi, not paranormal. But I had a lot of people nominating The Hunger Games and Divergent, and since these votes are about selecting the books people can win in the THREE giveaways I'm doing, I think that "give the people what they want" is the best attitude to take here.

(3) I separated Witches and Faeries into their own categories. There were more then enough books nominated to make this choice both logical and easy.

And here are a couple minor notes:

(1) I did not want to pick two sets for triangles in certain books, such as Bella / Edward and Bella / Jacob for Twilight, so if you like any pairing with a main character in a book, please realize you can and are supporting it. Thank you.

(2) For the most part, I am going to be relating to the first book in series sets. Please realize that this is to allow the maximum amount of "Oh, okay! I know that one!" from all voters. By voting for that series, you *are* voting for your favorite book in it.

(3) Feel free to tell everyone about which book or which pairing your vote is for if you like, but be mindful not to put spoilers in the comments -- they will be deleted. I wouldn't want a book to be spoiled for someone. Thank you.

So without further ado, let the blood bath ... uh, voting... begin! ;)

Category #1: Best Witch Book

Your Nominees Are:
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Witches & Magic
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Hex Hall
The Trouble With Spells
The Near Witch
Witches of East End



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #2: Best Faery Book

Your Nominees Are...
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Faery
The Iron King
Wicked Lovely
Impossible
Jinx
Ash



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #3: Best Vampire Book

Your Nominees Are...
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Vampire
Twilight
Vampire Academy
Marked
Blue Bloods
Evernight



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #4: Best Werewolf or Shifter Book

Your Nominees Are...
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Were or Shifter
Shiver
Firelight
Sisters Red
Nightshade
The Summoning



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #5: Best Zombie Book

Your Nominees Are...
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Zombie
Generation Dead
Dearly, Departed
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Zot and Ruin
Deadlands



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #6: Best Dystopian Book

Your Nominees Are...
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Book: Dystopian
The Hunger Games
Bumped
Delirium
Divergent
Matched
Wither



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #7: Best Couple
PollPub.com VoteNomines for Best Couple
Bella & Edward (Twilight)
Rose & Dmitri (Vampire Academy)
Meghan & Ash (The Iron King)
Grace & Sam (Shiver)
Phoebe & Adam (Generation Dead)
Clary & Jace (The Mortal Instruments)
Katniss & Peeta (The Hunger Games)
Tris and Four (Divergent)



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #8: Best Character (Male)
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Character (Male)
Jace (The Mortal Instruments)
Dmitri (Vampire Academy)
Edward (Twilight)
Harry (Harry Potter)
Ash (The Iron King)
Peeta (The Hunger Games)
Four (Divergent)
Sam (Shiver)
Tommy (Generation Dead)



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #9: Best Character (Female)
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Character (Female)
Clary (Mortal Instruments)
Rose (Vampire Academy)
Zoey (Marked)
Bella (Twilight)
Hermione (Harry Potter)
Katniss (The Hunger Games)
Phoebe (Generation Dead)
Grace (Shiver)
Meghan (The Iron King)



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #10: Best Villain
PollPub.com VoteNominees for Best Villain
Pete (Generation Dead)
Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)
President Snow (The Hunger Games)
Neferet (House of Night)
Housemaster Vaughn (Wither)



View Results

Poll powered by PollPub.com Free Polls

Category #11: Best Book Award

Okay, here is how this one is going to work, and please listen up, because this one is IMPORTANT!

There are way too many books here for me to technically make a poll. So what I am going to do is have you guys leave a comment with your choice for best book. You can choose from any book (whether it was nominated as a book or because of a character / couple) above. This will also tell me who has actually taken the time to vote so that I can check when I ask about this during the giveaways.

Thanks so much for taking part in the Bleeding Hearts Awards! Make sure that you come back starting October 24th when I will be announcing the winning books and beginning the first of my THREE Giveaways!

18 comments:

  1. There weren't really any witch books I'd read, so I didn't vote. (I did read Harry Potter of course, but didn't really want to vote for it.)

    I voted for Ash by Malinda Lo in the faerie category. I did really enjoy the Wicked Lovely series though.

    Under best vampire book, I voted for Vampire Academy because it was the best of the three vamp books I'd read. (Twilight, Vampire Academy, and I started Marked and didn't like it)I was hesitant though because, even though I really like how unique the world in which VA was set, I hated the fact that Rose gets together with her teacher.

    For werewolves or shifters, I voted for The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong. The only one I've read, and I loved that one too.

    Best zombie book would have to be Rot & Ruin. I really liked how the author gave a pitying eye to the books view of zombies.

    I voted for Bumped by Megan Mccafferty because it made me laugh so hard when I read that one. The songs were definitely my favorite part.

    didn't vote for best couple or male character.

    Voted for Katniss for best female character.

    And for best villain, I voted for President Snow.

    There you go. my anonymity down the pooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted above, but I hope I don't have to list them all! My vote for best book would probably be The Hunger Games :)

    jwitt33 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, Julie. Only needed Best Book selection. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong for best book. Each major character has a different supernatural power. The main character Chloe can see ghosts and raise the dead (I love ghost whisperers in books!) and there is also a werewolf, a sorcerer and a witch. The whole Darkest Powers trilogy is the greatest and the characters are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted! This is really hard, but I'd have to say Harry Potter...and if I had to choose a specific one, I think it'd be Prisoner of Azkaban.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted in all the categories and my favourite book is The Mortal Instruments series. If specific book is required I think I will vote for City of Bones :D

    Vivian M
    vivianmah8@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted. My vote for best book would be Harry Potter. Tough choice since I also love The Hunger Games and The Iron Fey series.
    This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted in all the polls! The best book ever is the hunger games!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the best book is Divergent! I'm dying for the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted above.
    For best book I think I'd have to go with Divergent, or Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Picking one book may make my head explode! I could go with Harry Potter, but that seems obvious- and I can't pick just one of them.... so..... DIVERGENT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a bit late to the party, but I'm going to have to go with The Hunger Games for best book. There are a few others up there I haven't read, but I don't think many of them could compare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I voted above. My vote went like this (in order of categories):

    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
    The Iron King
    Evernight
    Firelight
    Deadlands
    Divergent
    Katniss and Peter
    Harry
    Hermione
    President Snow (would you believe I find him scarier than Voldemort?)

    Best Book Award: Harry Potter series (the best book series ever!)

    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite in the series.

    Sarah

    sarah.setar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, First i voted for Trouble wih spells because i really really want this book
    2)best faery book: iron king
    3)best vampire book: vampire academy
    4)best shifter:firelight
    5)zomby no vote because i don't know any of these serie
    6)dysopian: divergent
    7)couple: rose and dmitri
    8)male: sam
    9)female:meghan
    10:villain:voldemort


    11: best book: difficult to choose..let say: iron king

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so hard :D The Hunger Games is my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best book award?

    I would choose Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone

    if it's specifically for this year's release, I might say Divergent by Veronica Roth

    regards,

    maidenhealer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best book... The hunger games. It's a hard choice because three of my most favorite series ever are nominated. But this book...it's the most amazing thing I've ever read!

    bymyself.g@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best book for me, particularly this year was Divergent. It was so memorable and well written.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...