Friday, October 7, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday (Oct. 7th)


Q.If you could pick one character in a book, movie or television show to swap places with, who would it be?

I really like this question. And not just because it means I will get to imagine being with some of my favorite book / TV / movie crushes, although that certainly isn't a bad thing. What is really cool about this question, if you really stop and think about it, is that it is also asking you whether you would be brave and willing enough to endure the good and the bad. Because c'mon... Just because I'm there and not the heroine does not mean that the world is suddenly going to become a magical rose-tinted place filled with sunshine and butterflies. At any rate, I've written fanfiction of this nature before (Not in a very long time, but still...) so I'm more then happy to play along. :D

Oh, this should be fun... ;) Where the heck do I begin?

Let's Stick with Books... (I could go on forever, but I'll do these two)

1. Dark Fire by Christine Feehan

Character: Tempest Trine

The Good:
-- Resourceful
-- Able to talk to animals
-- Brilliant at fixing cars
-- Has super gorgeous red hair that I'd kill for (I realize I'm not suppose to 'become' her but still. Damn!)
-- Ends up with Darius Daratrazanoff (who, btw, is pretty freakin; awesome.)

The Bad:
-- Has been abused, neglected and raped at various points in her life
-- Has had to do illegal things in order to survive
-- Is being stalked by a society determined to rid the world of vampires. They think she is one.

Could I Make The Switch: I don't think so. This one has a lot of shades of gray to it. Tempest did not have an easy life, and while I liked Darius as a character, I do not know how I would fare dealing with him for all eternity. 

2. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Character: Meghan Chase

The Good:
-- Daughter of a faerie King
-- Has unique powers, even if she has to learn to master them.
-- Is friends with Puck
-- Is kind, courageous and loyal
-- Is with Prince Ash. (C'mon, you knew that was coming...)

The Bad: 
-- Her little brother has been replaced by a changeling
-- Her best )and seemingly only) friend is a faerie and has kept this from her.
-- She owes favors to Prince Ash (to go to the Unseelie Court) and Grimalkin (to be collected at a later date) that she is honour bound to keep.
-- The love of her life and her best friend want to kill each other -- literally. 
-- Her father (the one who raised her, anyway) went missing when she was six.

Could I Make The Switch: Yes. Why? Because unlike Tempest's issues, where they've already happened and are written in stone (talking about the really serious ones here...) most of Meghan's problems are happening, meaning I would get to take a crack at solving them. Would that be terrifying? Sure. But Meghan isn't exactly Xena and she seems to be handling things alright. So, yeah. I think I'd gladly slip into a world where I'd get to travel with (and hopefully end up with -- what?! I'd be 16 here...) Prince Ash, the absolutely hilarious Puck and the brilliant and snarky Grimalkin. 

Anyway, thanks for dropping by and please pardon my lapse of temporary insanity. :p I just knew that *points up* was going to happen when I saw this week's topic. Anyway, I'm dying to know what you chose so feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day! 

10 comments:

  1. "I do not know how I would fare dealing with him for all eternity." LOL! I like the look of the book!

    New Follower. Here is my Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Love how much time you put into this. I'd love to switch with Meghan.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You get the most thought out response, well done! Meghan is a great swap, because with all the good and bad, Ash is waiting:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about Meghan as my answer, but if I was her I'd want Puck instead of Ash!

    Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would want to be meghan out of your choices :) Great answer!

    My FF, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another reminder for me to read The Iron King! I need to know why people love it so much! I bet they're great answers though. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would SO be Meghan, just to be with Ash! lol! Thanks for hopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the Feehan series, so I don't know if I'd want ot be her to not, but I think there are good and bad things in each character's life - otherwise they wouldn't be as relate-able, in my opinion.

    I didn't read the Iron Fey section - I'm going to be reading those books shortly and I don't want to read any potential spoilers :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...