Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Time Will Come (Oct. 20th)


The Time Will Come 


Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

City of Bones
by Cassandra Clare

Summary from GoodReads

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.


I know what you're probably thinking: "What? Really, Kat?"

Yeah, really. I bought City of Bones years ago and I have never gotten around to it. It was right around the time that I bought the first few House of Night books, if I remember right. Those got devoured. This did not. I even have City of Ashes, too. I am not sure why I never sat down and gave this a real go. Or why I haven't since. I've certainly heard enough praise for The Mortal Instruments series. 

So, what do you think? Do I seriously need to sit down and give this one a go? And what did you select as your book this week? I'd love to know, so feel free to leave a comment. 

2 comments:

  1. YES! You have to read these books, they are fantastic (better than the House of Night books). Read it soon- don't wait any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this book is so well loved. I haven't had a chance to read this series! Hope I do get to it one day (and you too!) and that we enjoy it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...