Saturday, October 15, 2011

TBR Intervention Challenge (Oct. 15th)

This looks like it could be a lot of fun, so I'm going to give it a shot. Since this is the first week for TBR Intervention, I'll copy some details about it so that more people can find out what it is. From Whatever You Can Still Betray...

TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by April @ Books4Juliet, Dani @ Refracted Light and Ayanami @ Whatever You Can Still Betray

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below, grab the button and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.



My first TBRIC is...

Twilight
by Stefenie Meyer

Summary: (from GoodReads)

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. 

Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. 

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

How long has it sat on my shelf?

Three years.

How did it get there?

A friend bought it for me and said I must read it.

Why haven't I read it yet?

I'm in love with the idea behind Twilight, but I am concerned that the book will not live up to it.

Why have I decided to read it now?

-- It's Halloween. Why not read a vampire book?

-- It's about time I saw what all the fuss is about.

-- Alison Can Read is having a Twilight month in November to celebrate the release of Breaking Dawn, part 1. It should be a lot of fun, but in order to enjoy it, it would definitely help to have read the book(s). We'll see whether that becomes plural based on how I like Twilight

So, what are your thoughts on Twilight? Can you believe I haven't read it -- or that I'm going to? Whatever it is, I'd love to know your opinion so feel free to leave a comment. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Twilight is the reason why I'm an avid reader and blogger now. I was surprised you haven't read the series yet. I hope it would be a fun and exciting read for you especially now that Breaking Dawn movie is just a month away. I agree that it's perfect for Halloween season and I think it's time for you to see why people loved it. Many of us came to read more YA because of this series and I really hope that you'll enjoy the books as much as I did. I don't suggest to expect too much cos I don't want you to feel a bit disappointed, but it really is an awesome series for me. Definitely much better than the films! Good luck and thank you so so much for joining TBRIC! :) *hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Twilight. All I have to say is keep an open mind and form your own opinions. The Twilight Saga is my go to series anytime I am feeling down. I hope you like it!!!

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I haven't read Twilight either. It was on my list of books that I feel everyone has read but me. My TBR Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, three years! O_O

    Thank you for joinging. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand putting it off. It's a book that has polarized readers in some ways -- either people seem to love it or hate it. I, for one, am not a hater nor an obsessed fan. I liked it. It filled the need at the time, but since then I've found so other YA books that are so much BETTER.

    I found myself growing very disenchanted with Edward over the course of the the series, and totally rooting for Jake. I didn't understand the complete love Bella had for Edward. So I'm interested in seeing what you think about it!

    My TBR Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you haven't read it ! Off all of the books in the series the first one is the most promising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my .... ok - least this is one book I don't envy - I had to read the books before my father's ex wife would let my kid sister read the books. I don't understand where all the crazy hype came from on these books - they were not very good in my opinion. haha but good luck!

    Pabkins @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...