Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 3rd)


Guests are great, but man can they cut down reading time! The last couple weeks have been slow for me with regard to how many books that I have read. Why? Because my boyfriend, Jay, came to visit from Pennsylvania. That meant week #1's slow down was caused by getting my home ready, and week #2's slowdown from the fact that you just don't read so much when you have company. (Or at least I don't?) Anyway, let's get this started...

What I Read Last Week...

Chain Reaction
by Simone Elkeles

Anyone who has been following my blog for a while likely knows how much that I love the Perfect Chemistry series. So it's probably no surprise that I decided to make sure that I had something "easy" to read since I knew I would be busy.

I'm not insulting Simone's writing! When I say "easy" I am referring to how much effort it will take me to sit down and read the book (my level of focus), not the quality of the writing. Anyway, in a word Chain Reaction is "Amazing!". I reviewed it and if you are curious you can find my full thoughts here.

The Iron King
by Julie Kagawa

I have heard so much praise for the Iron Fey series. It was only a matter of time before I decided to check it out for myself. And I am so glad that I did. While the story leaves as many questions opened as it answers, there is only one thing that I can really ask myself with regard to this book: Why the heck did I wait so long to read it? You'll have to wait until tomorrow to read my full review, but he's the short version. If you have not read The Iron King yet, buy it now. It's excellent!

What I Hope To Read This Week...

Shiver 
by Maggie Stiefvater

This appears to be a love it or hate it book. I must admit that I am a teensy bit nervous to be sitting down with it considering that it evokes such strong responses from people in two such opposing directions. I hope that I like it, because while I always give an honest review (and I've been praised for that, which admittedly makes it easy to be hold...) I definitely prefer to rave about a book that I love then to rant about one that I didn't. Here's hoping, guys!

Kiss of Life 
by Daniel Waters

I absolutely adored Daniel Waters' Generation Dead, so I am hoping that I will love Kiss of Life just as much. I am excited to get going on this one, because I want to know what will happen next and because I have Passing Strange to review as well, I need to read them in order, and I must admit I am curious to learn more about Karen when I get to that one. Will it live up to the awesomeness that is Generation Dead? If all goes well I'll be letting you know soon.

Marked 
by P.C. & Kristen Cast

Okay, I have read this before. But I need to make sure that I review a few vampire books this month and the House of Night series is one of my all-time favorites. So I'm going to give Marked a review since it's the first one, just in case there is someone out there who hasn't read it yet. Plus, it's been a long time since I read Marked and it seems fitting since Destined is releasing on the 25th.

So, what did you read last week? And what do you hope to be reading soon? I'd love to hear your thoughts so please feel free to leave a comment. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...