Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (October 19th)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:

Destined 
by P.C. and Kristen Cast

In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.


You guys had to see this one coming a mile away. I am a huge fan of the House of Night series, so this is an instant buy the day it releases book for me. I absolutely have to know what will happen next. Are Zoey and Stark going to stay together? What is Kalona up to? Will Heath recall his love for Zoey in his new incarnation or will he destroy her? How will Rephaim handle his new forms? Was his sacrifice to be with Stevie Rae worth it, or will be slide back into the shadows? (Oh, Rephaim! Please don't go back! <3) Can you tell I am a rabid fangirl foaming at the mouth over this release? Yeah, it is that obvious. :) 

The Iron Knight
by Julia Kagawa

My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.

I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.

My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…


Ever have something happen in life where you wish you had listened to people sooner? That's how I feel about the Iron Fey series. I absolutely adored The Iron King. I have The Iron Daughter and The Iron Queen sitting here on my bed. And on Tuesday I will be ordering The Iron Knight, regardless of whether I am caught up. But I will be caught up. Right? Right? :D 

There are some things that I find really cool about this book. The biggest one is that it's being told by Ash. I don't see authors doing this enough, switching POVs within a series so that we can get another character's view. And I have high hopes that it is really going to work beautifully here. I also think that the idea that Ash is now chasing Meghan is interesting. During The Iron King for a large chunk of the book he seemed to be fighting any interest he had in her, plus there was the whole promise between them, too. I don't know what happens in The Iron Daughter and The Iron Queen, obviously. But even from my pretty clueless perspective, the release of this book has me majorly excited. 

How the heck am I going to choose which of these to read when they come in? And what did you select for Waiting on Wednesday this week? I'd love to know, so feel free to leave me a comment. :)

15 comments:

  1. What number is that in the House of Night series? I lost track a long time ago, after about book 5 I think, and have no idea what number the series is up to.

    I've been seeing quite a bit of The Iron Knight. I'm curious about it, but not sure if I want to pick it up or not.

    Good luck with deciding what to read! I can't help with that because I usually have the same problem too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to read The Iron Fey series soon :) Everyone keeps talking about it and I feel like I'm missing out. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick!! Destined!!! Love that cover. I LOVE House of Night series, but I lost interested in reading Paranormal Romance since I only focus on YA Realistic Fiction. Great pick. I'm glad you share with us here. Thank you for doing that. Happy reading!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pre-ordered both of these so excited, my WOW http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either of these series. I read book 1 of House of Night and wasn't impressed by it. I have yet to try Iron Fey though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I stopped reading the House of Night series after the 5th one although I have the succeeding books after that. IMO, you should choose to read The Iron Knight first.

    Thank you for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished The Iron Knight and it is a fantastic end to an awesome series. Great picks!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing books like this and I'm intrigued. Time to dive in?

    Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll LOVE The Iron Knight. Kagawa did such a perfect job telling Ash's story. I think I heard that she's not entirely done yet. There are a character or two that I'd like to hear more about.

    I haven't read any P.C. Cast books yet, but I hope you enjoy this one!

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read either of these series but I definitely hate the feeling of waiting for the next one ...such torture. :D Hope you enjoy both of these when they come out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Destined we are picking up soon and the Iron Knight we received an ARC for. Both covers are amazing! Great choices for WoW!

    Thanks for sharing and commenting on ours!

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only recently heard of the House of Night series. I take it from your comments that it's worth checking out!

    Leslie
    WOW @ Working for the Mandroid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks, I love the House of Night series and can't wait for Destined. I haven't started the Iron Fey series yet but I just recently purchased the first book. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't started the Iron Fey series yet, but plan to.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of the books in either series, but I will eventually read the Iron Fey series. I have the Iron Queen waiting on the shelf, but I need to read them in order first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...