Sunday, October 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (Oct. 9th)


Well this week's IMM is going to be short, sweet and to the point. I only got one new book this week that is actually sitting here on my bed. Don't get me wrong -- I did a pretty big Chapters order, I sent out some prizes and I won a couple books. But only one book is getting talked about today.

And that book is...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone
by Laini Taylor

I found this last night at WalMart. Yes, you heard that right. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was just chilling at WalMart, waiting for me to come by and pick it up. I did not see that one coming.

I'm still not really sure what I think of this book. I've heard nothing but praise, but it has me nervous for some reason. But it also looks like it has a good shot at being the October selection for Tracey's Fall Book Club, so I figured I may as well scoop it up. Better safe then sorry.

Oh well. ;) It's here now, so I guess I'm gonna read it. I suppose that I should try to relax a little. This isn't the first time that I have read something that looked a little outside of my comfort zone and I'll be fine. (If anyone wants to tell me what they think of The Daughter of Smoke and Bone, feel free. I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be sitting here listening to me go on about this book while shaking their heads and going "Kat, you are so silly.")

So, what did you get this week? I hope that the book fairy has been good to you. :p Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I agree, I'm a bit nervous to read this book because of all the good praise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Daughter of Smoke & Bone. It's out of my comfort zone too so I can't wait to see what you think.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I'm hoping to get this one at the store this week! My IMM: http://bookishlybloggers.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-107.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...