Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Dec. 21st)


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's can't wait to read it selection is...

Kiss Crush Collide
Christina Meredith
Leah has the life most high school girls would kill for—popularity, glowing grades, a rich, athletic boyfriend. So why does she feel like she can’t breathe? And why can’t she stop thinking about the boy from the country club? The one who isn’t her boyfriend, the one that her mother would never, ever approve of, the one that her perfect older sisters would never, ever look at twice. The one who is always looking back at her. Irresistible attraction, smoldering glances, the bad boy and the good girl—Kiss Crush Collide has everything that a steamy forbidden romance should, and then some.

With graceful and honest writing and an electric love story, this is a book about growing into your own skin. For fans of Perfect Chemistry, Sarah Dessen, and John Green.

Why I Want It: It's not often that I fall prey to cover lust, but I have to admit that I have it here. Kiss Crush Collide does not have a shocker of a cover. What I love about it is the way that the people on it are positioned, their expressions and, oh, it doesn't hurt that the guy looks cute. *rolls eyes*

Then, of course, we get to the premise. If a book doesn't hook me here, its chance is gone. But there's no fear for Kiss Crush Collide. People from two different worlds (socially)? Check. Characters rebelling what is, essentially, their ":destiny"? Check. Forbidden romance? *squee!* I'm so there.

And A L'il Rant: I do have one complaint, though. I *hate* it when people try to tell me that a book is for those who like (insert author / book here). If I want to read that author -- and in this case I like two of the three mentioned -- I'll get one of their books. There are two huge dangers: it sets expectations high for no good reason (*never* good for a debut author.) or it risks people accusing them of being a copycat or imitation of the authors mentioned in the blurb. Which is in no way flattering and is totally unfair. It's one thing for a friend to go "Oh! You liked (name)? You should try (name)." But on a blurb? Bad, bad idea. 

Anyway, stepping back off the soapbox, I really hope this is somehow in a day early when I go out next week because I'm dying to read it!

So, what is your pick this week? I'd love to know! 

15 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around, so I think I'll have to check it out when it comes out. Or at least consider checking it out, LOL. Good pick!

    Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The release is just around the corner. I can't wait, especially after read the excerpt for it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...love the cover! I can't wait to read this book. It sounds so good! Awesome choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting on this one too! It looks hot and cute!

    Visit My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiss, Crush, Collide is on Net Galley? Not really sure but it's worth the check, I'm also looking forward for this book! definitely a must read since I love contemps ;)

    Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! A forbidden romance...I'm in. This sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing it.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one in quite a lot of blogs lately. It looks like a wonderful book. :) I can't wait to read it!

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick, I am so excited for this book! It sounds really good and I love the cover. I will definitely be rushing out to buy this one the day it comes out!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your pick!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stories like this one and I'm really looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds really good! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Sophia
    My WoW :)
    The Book Basement

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pick :) Seems interesting!

    I wanted to thank you! Yesterday I was checking your blog and I saw the description of the book of the month and I decided to give Obsidian a try. OMG OMG I finished it an hour ago and I totally love it! Can't wait for the sequel to come out! So thanks very much for sharing :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes this one sounds really cute! Though I've been seeing a couple of negative reviews on it lately. I'm really curious thoguh!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds quite awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...