Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Dec. 14th)

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's can't wait to read it selection is...

A White So Red
by Krystle Jones
Take back what is yours.

Seventeen-year-old Snow’s life changed forever the night her stepmother, the Queen, sent her huntsman to cut out her heart. Fleeing for her life, Snow runs to the Silver Forest, a place as dangerous as it is enchanting, and begins an adventure she could never have dreamed.

With no one at her side but a rowdy band of carnivorous dwarves and an arrogant, rogue prince who’s too handsome for his own good, Snow must confront the challenge that’s been laid before her: Kill the Queen, and take back the kingdom that should have been hers.

But if she is to succeed, Snow will have to tap into a powerful, ancient form of magic, one that may have been sleeping inside her all along.

A White So Red is a dark, sexy retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Why I Want It: I absolutely loved The Scarlet Dagger, so I am extremely curious to see what Krystle will do with Snow White in A White So Red. It's funny how life works. Up until recently, Snow White is a fairy tale that I would generally have said doesn't get a lot of retellings done. But between this book, upcoming movies next year and who knows what else, it seems that Snow White is ready for her moment in the limelight. How do you guys think that will go?

If you are curious about A White So Red or all of the Snow White stuff going on in general, here is a link to an article on Krystle's blog that talks about Snow White and includes a sample from A White So Red.

So, what are you looking forward to this week? I'd love to know! 

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about this one but it sounds great.

    Here's my WOW pick

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this...looks so good though. Thanks for sharing!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first seeing this cover. It looks a little creepy, but I like it!! Hehe. The book sounds very good! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Snow White was one of my favourite fairy tales and I LOVE that here's a retelling of that! (Did I mention I adore retellings?)

    A White So Red sounds brilliant. I love taht there are carnivorous dwarves. Magic. Snow White in a mood to kill. And heck yeah, a rogue prince!

    Cant. Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of this (or her other one), but I WANT THIS!! Going to Goodreads now. Thank you so much for spotlighting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a new one for me! It sounds amazing! I love that cover also. Great pick Kathy!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the cover is beautiful! I love!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...