Friday, February 1, 2013

February 2013 Reading List!

A new month means a new TBR List! As always, this is not written in stone. But I am finding that having some stuff picked out does tend to help me make sure that I know what I'm jumping to next. I doubt I'll get through all twelve of these (I'd like to read nine.), but I am going to be taking part in the Wicked Valentine Read-a-Thon and the week after that everyone else here is going to Cuba. (So not my thing.)

Curious what I've picked out and why? Well, here you go!

My Reading List:

1
3
2
1. Poison by Bridget Zinn: I requested this on NetGalley and had it listed on my top 13 books I'm excited for this year. I'm super excited that I've been given the chance to read it and share my opinion. My review for Poison should be up in late February or early March.

2. Strength by Carrie Butler: I've got a tour stop for this on March 15th. I don't *have* to read this in February, but I'm going to since I've wanted to read it for months. I saw a post over on Absolute Write where Carrie shared the cover with a bunch of us and have been extremely excited for this book ever since.

3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally: It's time I finally sat down and read this, and doing so as part of a read-along should be a lot of fun. I started Catching Jordan last year, but it was around the time my wrist acted up and I honestly couldn't lift a book to read it. Glad that's over now!

4
6
5
4. The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines: I just can't resist. I have this will-not-leave-me-alone, gut-deep feeling that I am going to fall in love with Sawyer, and I have to find out if this is true. I had some issues with The Vincent Boys, but the writing itself wasn't one of them so I have no qualms giving this a go.

5. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion: Jay and I are planning to go and see this when he comes to visit later this month, so I want to read the book first and compare it to the movie and see what I think of them both. This looks like it should be a fun, quick read and I'm excited about it.

6. Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill: It seems that every year, there is a book that I miss out on getting, a "one that gets away". 2012's main candidate for that is definitely Meant To Be, so I'm going to use some birthday money to fix that. Immediately.

7
9
8

7. Black City by Elizabeth Richards: I read a sample of this ages ago and it really grabbed my interest. I love anything supernatural with a love story, and I've heard a lot of people praise Black City for being interesting and original. As this is one of "my" genres, I feel it's about time I weighed in.

8. Easy by Tamara Webber: Been hearing so much good about this, both from reviews and directly from friends. I bought it for my kindle a couple months ago but haven't sat down with it yet. Perhaps this is the month to do so? We shall see...

9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I've heard so much praise, had so many friends ask why I haven't read this yet and have had the book sitting on my shelf for over a year. Without ever doing so much as opening the front cover. After getting it three days before its launch when I got it. It's time I read this, yes?

10
12
11
10. Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck: I'm a huge fan of the Tiger saga, so this is sort of a birthday treat. These books tend to be huge and take a while, and though I have all four of them I'm only now reading the third. I'm extremely excited, though, as I've been dying to know what happens next!

11. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler: I've wanted to read this one for ages and I picked it up at Chapters when I went on Boxing Day. It's bad enough that I'm reading it a year after publication--I want to get to it before it's sat that long on my shelf, too. (*cough* Cinder *cough*) Plus, it seems like a "winter" book.

12. Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler: I read Hunger back in November and totally loved it, so reading Rage just makes total sense. I love how the first book blended real world issues and an interesting paranormal aspect together so well and I'm really hoping that Rage will continue that trend.


Well, there you have it! My TBR list for February 2013. :) As said at the top, I'm sure a couple random books will squeeze their way in. My money's on Pivot Point by Kasie West, Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning, Prodigy by Marie Lu and Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi as possible candidates.

So, is there anything here you're hoping I'll read and review first / soon? Do you have any plans for your February TBR? Feel free to let me know in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...