Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (Feb. 13th)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. We all get together to show each other books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:

Neferet's Curse
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
The White City, 1893: In turn-of-the-century Chicago, with the World’s Fair bringing bustle and excitement to her home city, sixteen-year-old Emily Wheiler should be reveling in her youthful beauty and the excitement around her. But her whole life changed when her mother died, leaving her to be the Lady of Wheiler House. Her father, a powerful bank president, is at the center of an important social hub for the booming young city, and he needs Emily to do everything her mother would have – to be a good hostess and make sure the mansion runs smoothly.

As Emily uneasily tries to replace her mother, she also longs for more… for love and a life of her own. When a handsome young man notices her at one of her father’s parties, it seems that her hopes may finally be coming true. Until her father forbids her to see him – or any other man – and starts revealing a darkly violent side that even he can’t understand.

At last, afraid for her life and with nowhere to turn, Emily is Marked by a vampyre and brought to the Chicago House of Night, where she begins a magickal new life that should allow the wounds from her past to heal. But as she gains strength, and a powerful new name, she carries a dark need to wreak vengeance on the man she trusted most.

From victim to High Priestess, beautiful young woman to powerful seductress, Neferet's journey begins in NEFERET'S CURSE...

Okay, as a huge fan of all things House of Night, I absolutely cannot wait for this. Neferet is a very interesting character, as she went through quite a powerful shift from the first book of the series into the second. Understanding how and why her past may have played a role in this will enrich the overall story arc for the series and will no doubt play an important role in the next main series book. Plus, as always the cover looks gorgeous and I can't wait to add this to my shelf. 

So, what book are YOU excited for this week? Link your post and I'll drop by! 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the series before, but it sounds like something I would really get into.

    Great pick!
    Michelle :)
    Here's my pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with this series...but it sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the House of Night series, it's an amazing one. :) I forgot that there's novella's being released of some of the teachers. ^.^ Thanks for sharing. :3
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any book from House of Night before, but I have some on the shelves. I might take a look at it soon. :)

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the House of Night series :-P
    But I really like the cover of that book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, one of the HoN novellas. I have Hidden on my shelf, gonna read that some time this year. x) And of course I want this one! Hopefully we'll find out what got Neferet twisted like this...
    Nice pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. I am a fan of this series too. I have a review for this one coming up on Friday. Hope you get it soon. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read the House of Night series. Actually I think I did read the first one like 100 years ago. Hmm. I don't even remember if I liked it >.< I fail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this one sounds so good! I haven't read any of the House of Night books but after reading that description I'll definitely have to bump them up on my list.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Megan @ BooksiView

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...