Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (Feb. 6th, 2013)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. We all get together to show each other books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:

Pivot Point
by Kasie West
Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

Love interests in, essentially, two different realities. Someone with paranormal abilities trying to adjust to the normal world. Contemporary and paranormal themes overlapping (this seems to be a 2013 trend. I've noticed this in a few novels I'm interested in.) All in all, this sounds totally awesome and I'm desperate to get my hands on it! 

So, what are you looking forward to this week? Feel free to leave a link! 

15 comments:

  1. I cant wait for this one either. Looks so good.
    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds great and I really like the cover.
    Cricket@LittleLibraryMuse
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too. It sounds awesome and I've been seeing great things about it too. Great choice!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Pivot Point on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this one a bit slow in the middle but it got better towards the end! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Pivot Point, so I can't wait to try it out myself! :)

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice, this one is on my wishlist!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard amazing reviews for this one. This is on my TBR as well. Great pick! My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kait and I put this on our 2013 debut TBR list! sounds fabulous!
    New follower <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixens WoW
    A Vixens Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for this book. It sounds so good. I've been dying to read it ever since I first heard of it. Great pick!
    New Follower =)
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really looking forward to reading this one too! I love the whole concept to it!
    Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you about a trend toward contemporary feeling novels with a narrow paranormal or sci-fi element. Great cover, too! MMy WOW is definitely a strict sci-fi this week! http://www.swardkehoe.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-different-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I approve of your choice on SO MANY LEVELS!!! I read an ARC of this book and I loved it so freaking much. Seriously. SO. MUCH!!! I hope you love it too! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, great pick! I've been waiting for this one too, hope it gets published sooner! :D

    Waiting on Wednesday
    The Boys of Summer Giveaway
    The Watcher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...