Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (Jan. 16th)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:

Prodigy (Legend #2)
by Marie Lu
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.

Why Am I Excited?: 

1. I absolutely loved Legend. I thought it was gripping, that June and Day were both great characters and that the plot held my attention very well. If I love a first book, I'm usually pretty eager to get the next one. 

2. In the first book, June is driven to get revenge for the loss of her brother. She is not a completely unsympathetic character, but she has an edge to her because of her goal in the story. Here, we are seeing a situation where June is thinking rather then reacting, but which is likely going to cause people to question here if she acts on it or says anything about it, thanks to her background. We also don't see how Day is dealing with this (especially with the life of his brother in jeopardy), which leaves some serious questions hanging in the air. 

I can say this much: my money says this won't be dull! So, are you looking forward to Prodigy? Did you like Legend? I'd love to know. 

Have you picked a book for Waiting On Wednesday? Leave a link in the comments and I'll come visit you! :) 

25 comments:

  1. I read legend sooo long ago, but I remember I liked it. I'm excited for this one. I remember June being badass and I love characters like that. And Day was very stealth. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower. I havent read the Legend but Ive heard good things. This one sounds good also.
    Heres My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Legend but I really want to! It's just one of those books that kind of got pushed to the side due to review books and huge book hauls. I'm hoping to get to it eventually though. Thank you for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great waiting on Wednesday pick for this week. I haven't read 'Legend' yet but I really want to as soon as I can. I just hope the first book lives up to its hype, so I can read the 2nd book as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    Please Check Out My Waiting on Wednesday (New GFC Follower) : Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOVED Legend!! I can't wait to read Prodigy! And the people who've read it already all say it's amazing! I can't wait! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Legend soon, especially since this will be out here soon. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard amazing things about Legend, and to find out that Prodigy is coming out really soon makes me excited! I haven't read Legend yet, but I'll be adding Prodigy to my TBR list as well.

    Thanks for sharing your "Waiting on" Wednesday! Here is my WoW.

    Alisa @ The Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Legend yet :( Good thing this one will be out by the time I do, I have a feeling I'll love it and will dive straight into the sequel.
    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good but I haven't read the first one so I should probably check that one out first! Here's my WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Legend yet... But I do want to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to get around to reading Legend. I had wanted to get to it before Prodigy comes out but I don't think that will happen. Happy you are excited for this series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read Legend! I think I'm going to go out and buy it this weekend!
    Come check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to read the first book. It is on my TBR list, but now that one is coming out so I should really get to reading it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still want to read the first.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one I am extremely looking forward to. Pre-ordered it and everything! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Kathy!

    Thanks for commenting on my WOW! Much appreciated!!

    I haven't read "Legend", but, of course, have heard great things about it. So this is yet another series I have to get started on!!

    Thanks for contributing another book to my TBR!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice pick! I didn't love Legend, but I'll definitely continue the series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This past year I vowed I wouldn't get involved with any trilogies/long series because I'm a very passionate, emotional person so everytime I have to wait for a series I seem to hold a grudge against the next books, so I bought Legend but I haven't read it yet. I will buy this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choice! I haven't read Legend yet but I must do so soon!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  21. this one looks great! i haven't read the series yet but i have heard great things! New follower, great pick, and thanks for stopping by my wow! - Katie@ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Legend was decent, but I didn't love it and I'm really hoping that the 2nd book delivers so much more then book 1 did. Thanks for stopping by today. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read Legend but I've heard it's great. I should definitely give it a try! If I end up liking Legend, I'd love to read this one too. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...