Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reading Romances Challenge 2013


My one non-YA / NA challenge for the year. I noticed last year that I do tend to read a bit of romance mixed in with my other books, and why shouldn't that get it's own spot on my challenge page, too?

This challenge, hosted by Reading Romances, looks like it should be super fun. It focuses on reading books with different themes each month, and in turn broadening reading tastes and trying new things. If you are interested in taking part, click here.

For anyone curious, here is a list of the challenge topics for 2013. I will also include the detailed descriptions from the main post (mainly for my convenience. *laughs*)


JAN: Marry me? – Marriage of convenience. An arranged or forced marriage leads to love.

FEB: Foreigners do it better! – Greek, italian, spanish, french, brazilian, russians, sheiks! No English or North American heroes.

MAR: The Avengers – Man uses woman for blackmail, revenge, kidnapped, seduced etc .OR May The Games Begin! – two people fighting for the same prize and only one can win.


APR: Beauty and the Beast – one of the main characters is physically marred in some way or a wounded hero, emotionally tortured.

MAY: Summer Lovin’ – a couple is stranded together and the enforced intimacy leads to more. OR Nursing Back to Health – hero or heroine is injured or near death and the other saves his/her life by nursing back to health.

JUN: Who do you think you are? – One of a couple isn’t who he or she appears to be on the surface or pretending to be someone else or disguised.

JUL: I’m BACK for good! – Reunited Lovers. Second chance or a first love rekindled story.

AUG : Traditional or not! – time travel romance or a book with a love triangle.

SEP: Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do? – opposites attract. This can also be reversed with a bad girl/good boy.

OCT: In Love with my Best Friend – a friendship leads to more. OR Beta Male Fest! – any romance featuring a beta or gama male.

NOV: Romeo and Juliet – a class difference sets a couple apart.

DEC: Cinderella – rags to riches or riches to rags.

My goal is going to be Romance Reader, which asks the participant to read one book each month. I think this will let me have a taste of everything without taking over the blog and keeping me from my main focuses, which tend to be YA and NA. 

Kat's Reading List: 

So, here are the books that I am going to read for this challenge. This list may change throughout the year, but it should serve as a good jumping off point. 

JAN:

FEB:

MAR:

APR:

MAY:

JUNE:

JULY:

AUG:

SEPT:

OCT:

NOV:

DEC: 

So, are you taking part in the Reading Romances Challenge? Which theme are you most excited about? 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...