Sunday, January 20, 2013

Two Books Becoming Movies This February!

So, Jay is hoping to come for a visit in February, right in time for my birthday!

Well, he should also be right in time for us to go and see two book related movies that are releasing next month: Warm Bodies and Beautiful Creatures.

I haven't really seen a lot of blog love going on about either of these, so I decided that I'd do a post with some info on the books and their movie interpretations. I haven't read either of these, but I plan to alter my schedule to ensure that by the time Jay gets here on the 15th, we're totally good to go to the Cinnaplex and see them both.

Book To Movie #1: Warm Bodies

This will be hitting theatres on February 1st, 2013.

Warm Bodies
by Isaac Marlon
R is having a no-life crisis—he is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he is a little different from his fellow Dead. He may occasionally eat people, but he’d rather be riding abandoned airport escalators, listening to Sinatra in the cozy 747 he calls home, or collecting souvenirs from the ruins of civilization.

And then he meets a girl.

First as his captive, then his reluctant guest, Julie is a blast of living color in R’s gray landscape, and something inside him begins to bloom. He doesn’t want to eat this girl—although she looks delicious—he wants to protect her. But their unlikely bond will cause ripples they can’t imagine, and their hopeless world won’t change without a fight.




My Thoughts: 

How have I never heard of this book? Warm Bodies sounds like something I would totally, absolutely love!

This movie looks like it's going to be both weirdly supernaturally romantic and just plain fun. I love Zombie romances--Dearly, Beloved and Generation Dead both immediately come to mind. This seems a lot more tongue-in-cheek then either of those books. I plan to read and review the book and to review the movie, so stay tuned for my full thoughts on Warm Bodies next month! 

Book To Movie #2: Beautiful Creatures 

This will be hitting theatres on February 13th.

Beautiful Creatures
by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


My Thoughts: 

I've known about Beautiful Creatures for ages, but I've never felt especially compelled to pick it up and read it until I saw these movie trailers. This sounds like my kinda thing.

As for the movie, I love how grand in scope it looks. The details for the set look gorgeous, the plot seems intriguing, the characters already have me wondering about them. In short, these trailers have sold me on wanting to see the movie and check out the book. As with Warm Bodies, I will be doing a book review and a movie review, so if you're interested in my thoughts on Beautiful Creatures, this will be the place to be!


In addition to finding out what I think of these books and films, you will also get to hear Jay's opinions, as we are hoping to do a pair of He Said, She Said articles to compare our thoughts. Jay's not as big a reader as I am, but I've talked him into reading the books before we go to the theatre so that we can have the same level of knowledge about the stories these films are based on. I still don't know HOW I convinced him to read Beautiful Creatures (It's 500+ pages long--I'm scared of reading that!) but the results should be interesting.

So, are you planning to go and see Warm Bodies or Beautiful Creatures? What are your hopes for these movies? Do they have you at all worried? Whatever your thoughts, I'd love to hear them so feel free to leave a comment! 

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...