Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shopaholic Sunday: Stacking the Shelves (Jan. 27th)


Shopaholic Sunday is my chance to share all the awesome book related goodies that I've bought, borrowed or received in the past week. I share the feature through Stacking the Shelves, which is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Hey guys! It's been a while since I last did a Stacking the Shelves / Shopaholic Sunday, so I'm mostly going to focus on the totally amazing selection of eBooks I've received for review via NetGalley. I'm absolutely floored that I have all of these on my kindle and that I'll get to share my opinions on them with everyone here! So, ready to see what I got? :) Read on...

1
3
2
4
6
5
1. Blaze by Laurie Boyle Crompton

The minute you bring up comics in a YA novel, my interest generally tends to be piqued. Add to this the interesting contemporary issues that the main character, Blaze, is facing, and I couldn't resist wanting to check this out. I actually just finished reading this one and I really enjoyed it. My review should be up on Tuesday.

2. Poison by Bridget Zinn

This was on my most wanted list for 2013, so I had to take a chance and request it. I should be getting to this book soon and I'm really excited about it. This seems like it should be an awesome and unique spin on the whole fantasy / fairy tale plots most people are use to and I'm dying to see how it will actually play out.

3. Hooked by Liz Fichera

My mom was hugely into golf in her teens and I grew up as a kid listening to stories about her time on the golf course and at tournaments. My grandpa was also, apparently, a very good golfer and the reason my mom got into it, but grandpa and I spent most of our "golf" time playing Mario Golf on the regular nintendo during the early 90s. I couldn't resist a book with golf and love as plots since I'm all about romance and I'm actually pretty familiar with golf as a sport. I actually finished Hooked this morning and my review should be up on Friday.

4. Bruised by Sarah Skilton 

Feeling guilt over the death of a criminal. That's what immediately grabbed me when I read the summary for Bruised. I'm going to guess the title is a play on the term bruised ego, based on the summary, and I'm curious to see how Imogen will handle the way that what happens around her change things that happen to her. Probably what I'm reading next, and I'm really excited to start it!

6. Dualed by Elsie Chapman 

I think a lot of dystopian fans are looking forward to this one, and I know I was pretty much jumping up and down when I got the e-mail telling me I was approved. :) I'm curious to see how this trial that every member of Dualed's society has to go through effects people, and further, to see how it will effect West--and how that effect will hopefully shift and change--from the book's beginning to its end.

6. The Culling by Steven Dos Santos

I've already zipped through this book and I enjoyed it. I wasn't totally crazy about the main character, Lucky, but this was mostly because he was defined by his relationships with others, instead of by anything uniquely his own. That could likely be because of the pacing, style and structure. Other characters were very interesting, though, and some of the things that happened were absolutely bone chilling. Worth checking out.

A tremendous thank you goes out to SourceBooks, Disney Group, Harlequin, Amulet / Abrams, Random House and Flux. I deeply appreciate the opportunity to read these books and share my opinion with others!

So, what did you get this week? Feel free to leave a link and I'll check it out. :) 

10 comments:

  1. Poison and Dualed, awesome! I'm especially excited for Poison, because I love fairytales and retellings :D Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both Blaze and Poison are on my shelves now and I'm really looking forward to reading them! Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blaze and Poison sound amazing! as well as dualed. Everyone seems to have a copy of hooked, maybe i need to check out what it is about? and oh! you are reading a midsummer's nightmare! that is a really good book!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. I just picked up Blaze after another review. Looks great. So does Poison. I've heard Hooked wasn't fantastic...hoping you like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Really Enjoyed The Blog. I Have Just Bookmarked. I Am Regular Visitor Of Your Website I Will Share It With My Friends Thanks and I promises I will visit your blog again.
    Golf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Golf Optishot

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize the information and the attempt you put into your blogs. When thorough on this topic. I will try back in the future and see if you have more articles. Thanks for posting this.
    ||Research Paper Spot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...