Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (Sept. 12th)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication can't-wait-to-read selections is:

Josie Griffin Is Not A Vampire
by Heather Swain
A hilarious take on the paranormal trend--Twilight meets The Breakfast Club!

When former good girl turned rebel Josie Griffin gets busted for what was in her mind perfectly acceptable revenge on her cheating dog of a boyfriend, she lands herself in anger management therapy. It could be worse: it could be juvvie, or she could be a zombie cheerleader like the rest of her former friends. But there's something strange about therapy--these are not normal kids. There's the wannabe ladies man with a weird accent, Johann; the blindingly gorgeous Helios; Avis with his wild dreads; and Tarren, the sprite of a girl with a wicked temper. And all of them keep talking about "powers." Josie knows that has to be impossible, but strange things start happening, and nothing weird ever happens in Indiana. After all, there're no such things as vampires, werewolves, Greek gods, or fairies . . . right?

As an author who is soon releasing a Paranormal Romance, one of the things I've learnt in life is not to take myself too seriously. So with it's quirky cover and light hearted blurb, Josie Griffin Is Not A Vampire immediately grabbed my attention. This looks like it should be a fun read and depending on how tongue in cheek Ms. Swain decides to go, it could have a shot at making me laugh. I read a lot of passionate dramatic stuff, so the occasional fun book can serve as a welcome reprieve. Plus, I love books where different myths and legends combine since it opens a lot of interpretation if an author wants to 'go there'. 

So, what are you looking forward to this week? Leave a link and I'll drop by and check it out. :)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming release of your novel...and yes this one does sound fantastic. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    And once again congrats on your upcoming book.

    Here's my WoW

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun vamp read! I do like a fluffy paranormal as well as the intense and scary kind. Congrats on your book as well.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a lot of fun! I have read only one fun vamp book so I'll check this one out!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book does sound funny, sort of like a parody! great pick

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny reads are always great! i like the sound of this one. it reminds me of bloodthirsty by flynn meaney, which is a vampire parody.

    our WOW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds great. I would love to give it a try when it comes out. Great pick. Thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the sound of it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds hilarious and fun and totally like it belongs in my TBR pile!! :D
    My link - WoW
    Following you on GFC now, Follow me back? :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this looks adorable! I also appreciate the "noting taking myself too seriously" philosophy. I love humorous books like this. Thanks for sharing; I'm adding it to my TBR list right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...