Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Time Will Come (Sept. 13th)


Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 

Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

13 Little Blue Envelopes
by Maureen Johnson
Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.

In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.

The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.

Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke-about-town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous-though utterly romantic-results. But will she ever see him again?

Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes.

I spent a lot of my youth traveling with my grandparents. While that isn't what's going on here, I love traveling and I love books where characters are off on a physical journey, especially when there is hope or need for it to transform them deep within. So why the heck haven't I read this yet? I grabbed it on sale for $3 for my Kindle and I actually forgot I had it! D'oh! I'll need to fix that soon.

So, have you read 13 Little Blue Envelopes? Love it or hate it? I'd love to know so feel free to leave a comment. 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...