Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Time Will Come (Sept. 27th)



Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

Cinder
by Marissa Meyer
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
I love fairytale retellings. So the fact that I purchased Cinder comes as no surprise. What is shocking is that I haven't even opened this yet, despite awesome reviews and really wanting to read it. My local bookstore had this a week before release when I picked it up, so the amount of time I've waited is ridiculous.

So, have you read Cinder? What did you think? Should this get pushed up the TBR pile? I'd love to know, so feel free to leave a comment. :)  

6 comments:

  1. Cinder is great! It's really different and fun and well-written. Cinderalla as a cyborg? Come on! What a brilliant concept. I'd say it should be bumped up on your tbr. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder was one of my favorite books this year!! I immediately gave it to my daughter to read and she flew through it as quickly as I did, and named it as one of HER favorites, too! So yes, you should definitely bump it up:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...