Monday, April 8, 2013

Music Monday: Someone Else's Dream by Faith Hill


Hey guys! Been a while since I did a Music Monday post, but since I'm knee deep in writing my contemporary romance (tentatively titled The Mansion You Stole--yes, you *can* laugh...) I figured that this would be a fun way to do something for Mondays on the blog, fill you in on the writing and share some of the totally awesome music that has inspired this story.

This Week's Track:
"Someone Else's Dream" by Faith Hill



I've loved this song for a long time and it played a huge role in developing this story's heroine, Megan Sinclair. Who hasn't felt some kind of pressure, from without or within, to conform to others ideals for perfection? Who hasn't missed a step in the constant struggle to march to the beat of their own drummer? Megan is a bit younger then the song's protagonist--I haven't finalized her age but I know she's somewhere between 19 and 22 as opposed to 27 going on 28... But the need to step up and take control of life is one of the things I'm really trying to explore in this book.

So, two questions for you guys:

1. What do you think of "Someone Else's Dream"?

2. What songs make YOU think of the journey toward figuring out who you are? (Any genre is welcome.)

Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this reminds me of my childhood! I love country music it always played at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...