Monday, April 22, 2013

Music Monday: Daylight by Maroon 5


First: Yeah, I *know: "She LIVES!"

I've always been up front that I suck at blogging and drafting, and I really wasn't kidding. The bad news is it's been really quiet here this month, even though I've read some fantastic books. I'm sickeningly behind on reviews, although fortunately they are for books I bought--not official review books.

Anyway, today's Music Monday is a bit unusual, as it deals with The Mansion You Stole (which is now at over 17,000 words!) but it's not a country song. I promised you guys something Clay related, so...

Daylight by Maroon 5



I actually just heard this today on the radio while out with my family and had hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. "Oh my God, it's the freakin' black moment from my book." Which it pretty much is. Clay has spent his whole career leaving girls behind, but now multiple reasons are conspiring to force him to walk away from the first girl he's ever really loved and he is very torn / unhappy about it. Obviously there are a lot more layers then I'm telling you (hint: you'll need to read the book when it's done.) but to have such a vital moment so perfectly explained through music was pretty awesome.

So, what do you think of Daylight? Do you know of any other songs with a "leaving" theme like this? (For country I think of Kenny Chesney's "Anything But Mine", but there is more of a summer fling attitude there, whereas the why isn't as clear here). I'd love to know so feel free to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...