Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 YA Contemporary Challenge

In 2012 I did not read nearly as much contemporary YA as I would have liked to, and that is something I plan to change in 2013. As part of my commitment to that change, I have decided to take place in the 2013 Contemporary Challenge being hosted at Katie's Book Blog.

I am going for the gold here--I'm going to give level 3 a shot. This isn't *quite* what I had in mind (I wanted to read some stuff I missed last year) but there are a ton of great sounding contemporary YA novels releasing this year, so I can go with that. (And it won't stop me from reading the ones I'm dying to get through for my TBR Pile Challenge, anyway.)

If you are interested in learning about the challenge click here. If you decide to join the challenge, I would also recommend joining the GoodReads group for it, here. They have compiled an awesome list of 2013 Contemporary YA releases, which will no doubt prove helpful.

Kat's Reading List: 

I'll come back and add pictures at the end. Right now, I'm trying to make sure that I don't pick, say, all books that are releasing in November. Here we go! (Wow! I ended up with a list of 17 books. That's pretty impressive.)

Empty by K.M. Walton (Jan. 1st)
Salvation by Anne Osterlund (Jan. 10th)
Hooked by Liz Fichera (Jan. 31st)
Blaze by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Feb. 1st)
Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally (Mar. 1st)
Bruised by Sarah Skilton (Mar. 5th)
This Is What Happy Looks Like (Apr. 2nd)
The Lucy Variations by Sarah Zarr (May 7th)
The Book of Broken Hearts (May 21st)
Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown (May 21st)
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt (Mar. 26th)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (May 28th)
The Summer I Became A Nerd (May 7th)
OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu
Canary by Rachele Alpine (August 28th)
Hurt by Tabitha Suzuma (Sept. 5th)
Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein (Oct. 1st)
Red by Cherry Alison (Oct. 8th)

So, are you taking part in the Contemporary YA Challenge? What contemporary YA book are you most excited about this year?

2 comments:

  1. I don't read too much YA Contemp either. I like to read one after a long bout of paranormals as a palette cleanser. You've got some great ones on your list though, particularly Red and Going Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining the challenge. You have some great books on your to-read list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...