Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Kat's Christmas Wish List 2012

It's that time of year again...


Time for me to unleash the horror that is Kat's Christmas Wishlist 2012 on the unsuspecting world. I always get stuck when people ask me, "What do you want for Christmas?". This year I'm playing it smart and directing them here to I Write, I Read, I Review. Want to weigh in on my most wanted? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

TV & DVD:

It's cold outside. I love to make some popcorn, a cup of tea and settle in with a good DVD. What are my top five choices? Read on to find out.

1. Ghost Whisperer, season #1
Price: $12 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want This?:

I'm working on developing the plot for a new light paranormal novel called The Mansion You Stole, and my heroine can see and speak to ghosts. I recall watching and enjoying this show, so I figure going back to it for some inspiration--and to avoid unwanted repetition--might be a great idea.

2. The Mentalist, Season 4
Price: $49.99 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want This?:

I have the first three seasons, so getting season four makes logical sense. I'm taking my time going through them, but I love the way Simon Baker's character behaves--he is so playful yet confident (and majorly cute! <3). I don't like having things incomplete, so this is a no-brainer for me.

3. Desperate Housewives, Season 1
Price: $16.50 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want It?:

Remember I talked about hating incomplete series collections? Well, I have seasons 2-8 of this show, but Season One has somehow gone missing, and has been missing for years, so I know I need to replace it. Since it's not horrifically expensive, I don't mind that quite so much. 

4. Princess Tutu (Complete Collection)
Price: $34.99 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page.
Why Do I Want It?:

I ended up hearing about this anime somewhat by accident and have kept hearing about it since. My original concept art for Sealer's Promise, back when it was still Moon Dance and didn't have a cover, was referenced from this show. Digging deeper, I've heard fabulous things and have wanted to check it out ever since. 

5. NCIS Season 1
Price: $17.99 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want It?:

I watch this series when I go to visit my grandma, and she gave me her extra copies of seasons 2 and 8. As I keep saying, I like 'complete' things, and since I'm always coming and going from my visits to grandma, I've never gotten to see all of this in its proper order. I love the cast for this show and how the cases and their lives intermix, so that's something I would like to change.

Bath & Beauty:

This is generally not my forte, but there are a couple perfumes out that I like and I'd love to get one of them.

Lady GaGa FAME Perfume

I can't seem to find an easy way to order perfume online that isn't fragrancex and they are sold out. Tried this on at Shoppers' Drug Mart and loved the smell, but it's pretty pricey. 

Wonderstruck: Enchanted by Taylor Swift

The description sounds great and while I haven't been able to give this an actual spray, the little scent sheets they had out smelled nice. I'd be equally happy to get this or the original Wonderstruck, which is purple. I dunno what it is with me and perfume lately, but i enjoy it.

*What I DON'T want to find is three bottles of perfume. THat just seems kinda silly. Coordinate, people! :D

Books:

You have NO idea how hard it was to narrow this down to five books, especially since I have adult and YA stuff here. No Idea. But this way, I only have five books I can't race out and buy myself. Yes, there is method to my madness. What did I choose to ask Santa for?

Young Adult:

1. Black City 
by Elizabeth Richards
Price: $13.72 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page.
Why Do I Want It?:

I've heard so many good things about this book, loved the sample I read earlier this year and have totally been dying to get my hands on it. Plus, I've heard people saying that it has a totally interesting take on vampires. As a longtime fan of this paranormal creature, I simply must give my two cents worth on this topic.
2. Meant to Be 
by Lauren Morrill
Price: $15.15 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want This?:

Everyone is raving about this book. It sounds extremely sweet and romantic, has a leading guy named Jason (my boyfriend *loves* that) and apparently does a great job of portraying London, which is always a fantastic thing (when a city practically becomes a character) in contemporary YA. 
What Happens Next 
by Colleen Clayton
Price: $14.43 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want It?:

As with many books I put on wishlists, I've heard so much good about this one. Yes, it definitely deals with a heavy issue, but the sample that I checked was great and I want to read it. 

Adult:

1. How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days 
by Saranna DeWylde
Price: $11.51 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want This?:

Comical paranormal reads are few and far between, so when I hear something is funny that I already find interesting, I'm usually game for checking it out. I came across this book by accident when surfing for different stuff and now I really want to check it out. 

2. Backstage Pass
by Olivia Cunning
Price: $12.99 on Amazon.ca
Click here for Product Page
Why Do I Want This?: 

Truth: Ever since I finished reading Devoured by Emily Snow I've been totally obsessed with any type of romance where there is a musician involved. The other day another blogger did a post on this, and Backstage Pass is one of the books that was recommended. So I figure, as always, why not check it out? Since I'm writing a music-related romance, the obsession should still be going when Santa drops this under the tree. 

Well, there you have it guys! My Christmas list. :D

Feel free to let me know what you think. I hope this helps my family and friends find the stuff that I want, since half of it would be a pain to get local. No one can say I didn't try! :D

8 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...