Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Introduction


Well, well... Normally this week would be dedicated to following everything related to the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), but since BEA seems like it's a pretty big deal for book bloggers, and I haven't been gaming nearly as much, it's getting the backseat. Anyway, it seems like there is something to do each day for this, and today's topic is an introduction. So, wanna know a little more about me? Or maybe you just want an update since I talked about any of the things here last? New reader or old, I hope something here is of interest...

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

Hi there! My name is Kathy Ann and I have blogging for about a year now. (June 8th). My blog started as a place to talk about my writing and grew into a place where I talk about what I'm reading, too. The reason I got so into blogging is that by talking about what I am reading, I can pause between writing projects to spend more time keeping up to date in the genre I love (YA in general, but usually leaning toward romance) without losing my edge as a writer. I think someone writing fiction should read and write every day, or at least try to. (Not always easy!)

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I'm currently between books, which can be overwhelming. I am not the kind of person who can follow a list well with reading or writing -- don't let that "What I'm Reading" thing fool you. It lies! I need to want to read a book if I'm going to give it a real chance and be honest about it. I think I might either go with A Stiff Kiss by Avery Olive (which is on my list over there) or Thumped by Megan McCafferty. 've really been looking forward to both.

As for a book that I've read this year and totally loved? I have two picks here, because I loved them for totally different reasons. Those would be The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (which I gave my Kat's Meow award) and The Selection by Kiera Cass, which I picked for my June Book of the Month.

3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

Well, I mentioned video games. I'm sure a few of you know that one, though. I've also mentioned writing. My first novel, Moon Dance, should be out by the end of the year.

Something no one knows about me and writing, though, is that I am currently in the midst of planning a fantasy series called Realms of Ellithica which is going to blend fantasy with fairy tales -- either my own takes on ones I like, or completely original stories I've wanted to tell for a long time. Working on edits for Moon Dance, and designing the world for Realms of Ellithica is what is eating up so much time right now.

4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?

When I actually do the darn thing (I was sick this weekend) I love doing my Shopaholic Sunday posts, especially since it means I get to do video, find out about new books coming out and discuss them and generally talk about (another of my big passions...) shopping. (And, of course, books!)

5. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Hopefully still around and doing the same thing I try to do with it right now: give fair and honest opinions on the books that I read, talk a little about my writing and generally have a good time. Five years from now I do hope that I master being a little more organized and that my writing has taken off enough that I Write, I Read, I Review gets a few more viewers. But for the most part I am pretty happy with the way my blog is -- I can be as focused or relaxed as I need to be to balance reading, blogging and writing and I'm finally at a point where I don't think those reading hate me when one thing gets ahead of another. (I use to really stress over that.)

Anyway, if you are taking part in this and have an introduction that you'd like me to look at, feel free to link up in the comments. Have a great day! (And I will try to have something for you guys soon. I know I've been very MIA around here!) 

5 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...