Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (May 2nd)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. We all get together to show each other books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:

Enchanted
by Alethea Kontis
It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past - and hers?

Alright! This book has my name written all over it and I absolutely must read it. Okay, it doesn't literally have my name on it, but you get what I'm saying. :p What grabbed my attention? First off, how many times have you read a retelling of The Frog Prince? None immediately come to mind for me. Then add to this the need for Sunday to find a way to stand out, and the fact that the Prince is someone her family despises ... That's the part that has my hooked, with him wanting her to fall in love with him and all. :D

Why do they hate him? How will she feel when she finds out she set him free from a curse? How will her need to not feel like she is last and this frog-turned-prince that her family hates all tie into one whole? So many questions here, and there's only one way I'll get the answers ... By reading the book!

So, what are you looking forward to this week? Leave your link in the comments and I'll drop by and take a look. :)

5 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...