Sunday, November 24, 2013

Get Read-y for 2014 -- Reading List!


Get Read-y is an event being hosted by Loving Books. It runs from December 1st 2013 to December 31st, 2013. The goal is to read some of the stuff on our TBR Piles to help clear up some space for 2014 books, or to re-read series favorites so they are fresh in our minds when new books come out.

I haven't been reading much since I sat down in August to do the (*hopes, prays*) final re-write of Sealer's Promise. And I still haven't read much since completing it. In fact, I've kinda been...stuck. I need to give myself more time before I do the final revision, even if that means pushing the book back.

I have several books on my shelf that I'm totally DYING to read. I'm gonna list a bunch and y'know what? If I don't get to them all, that's OK! (For my benefit there, not yours. :) The only one who puts pressure on me here is me, after all.) Anyway, enough babbling about me. Let's get to the books!
The weather might turn frightful, but I'm sure these books will be delightful! Ready to see what I'm hoping to read?

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

1. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead -- I read Bloodlines earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I've also read several of the Vampire Academy books as well, and liked those too. So this should be an easy, fun read and I'm behind on this series so I'd like to move a little more ahead before requesting The Fiery Heart as a Christmas Gift. (The Indigo Spell is on my shelf.)

2. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas -- I know, I know! I promised I would read this and I intend to. The Burning Sky sounds like it should totally be my kinda book--except I didn't know it had a historical element when I chose it. I don't *hate* historical fiction, but when I don't see it coming it can throw me for a loop. I hope I love this as much as I *think* I will.

3. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar -- I can't choose a book as my most anticipated read of 2013 and not read the darn thing. This is a terrible injustice and I need to fix it. It also doesn't hurt that I read and loved the sample from Amazon last week.

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

4. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas -- I totally loved Throne of Glass and I've put off reading the sequel way too long. This book + a hot mug of cocoa should be an absolute joy.

5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- I just grabbed this tonight after checking out the sample a few days ago and I totally can't wait to dive in. I may or may not wind up waiting til December to read it, but I'll jot it down anyway.

6. The Elite by Kiera Cass -- My most anticipated sequel for 2013, which is probably why I've put off reading it for so long. I may or may not read it this month--I've heard it's a very 'middle-y' middle book so this may get read in March. We'll see.

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

7. Finding It by Cora Carmack -- I totally loved the first two novels in this series, so I'm betting that Kelsey's book will be no different. It's also great to have some stuff I can dive into on my Kindle and this is one of the series that has wound up there.

8. The Liberator by Victoria Scott -- Considering how much I loved The Collector I'm way behind on this one. I know that the next book doesn't release til May, but this is one of those series that make me want to read *now*, so it's time I finally did that.

9. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith -- Another book from my list at the start of the year. I really need to go back to that thing and make sure I've at least checked the sample for each of them. Anyway, I got this in a trade at the Ontario Book Blogger Meet Up a couple weeks ago, and I'm really excited to read it.

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

10. Prodigy by Marie Lu -- I ordered this for my birthday in February! Why on Earth haven't I read it yet? I really need to move it on this book, because I plan to ask for Champion as a Christmas gift.

11. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo -- After the fuss (all good) I made about Shadow and Bone, I think it's way past time that I read the sequel. This should be a super easy read for me if this book is as good as the first (and I'm really hoping it is.). I guess I'll find out soon. :D

12. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi -- Rumor has it that Tahereh Mafi might wind up beating me at my own game--namely, I'm very much Team Warner. I don't plan on wasting any time find this out when Ignite Me comes out in February, so I'd better get Unravel Me read so I'll be ready!

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

13. Revealed by P.C. & Kristen Cast -- The House of Night is the series that got me into YA fiction, so it usually doesn't take me long to grab and zip through the latest book. My brain is totally reeling with what might happen in this book, but I'll keep quiet about that here since I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't started this series.

14. If You Leave by Courtney Cole -- I keep saying I'll read this and crap just gets in the way. It's not the book's fault at all. It's that I need to slow down and read some stuff. If this is anywhere near as good as If You Stay, though, life will get put on pause the moment I've read page one and won't get resumed until I finish reading.

15. My Soul To Steal by Rachel Vincent -- Did you know I love the Soul Screamers series? Might be a little hard to tell with the fact that I only have a review up for book one. But there's a reason for that! My reviews of My Soul To Save and My Soul To Keep are on my video camera. I need to quit being lazy and format them and get 'em up on YouTube.

And the number one book I'm absolutely DYING to read in December is... 

GoodReads
Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles -- Words cannot describe how anxious I am to actually download this onto my Kindle and read it. But there's a reason I'm waiting. I'm getting a brand new Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and Jay's getting me a case for it. This will be one of the first books that go onto my new Kindle, so I'm waiting on purpose. (Yes, I know that sounds insane.) Considering that I gave 5 heart reviews to all three books in the Perfect Chemistry series, this seems like the perfect book to be my first read on my new Kindle. :D


And that's "it" for me. :D I know, I listed a *lot* of books. It just shows how much I've actually missed this year--and I didn't list everything I have here / am dying to get to.

Anyway, are any of you taking part in Get Read-y for 2014? What are you hoping to read in December? I'd love to know, so feel free to leave a comment.

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...