Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (Sept. 11th)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine. We all get together to show each other books we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week's can't-wait-to-read-it selection is:

Wild Cards
by Simone Elkeles
Oct. 1st, 2013
After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

I absolutely adored the Perfect Chemistry trilogy, so saying that Wild Cards is going to be a day one purchase is almost underwhelming and simply does not do justice to how excited I am for this book. This is the kind of pre-book excitement where I was practically BOUNCING around my room when I found the book listing on GoodReads, and that's a very scary thing considering (1) I'm over 30, and (2) this room is rather small. :p Anyway, you can count on seeing a review for Wild Cards here when it releases this fall because there is absolutely NO doubt that I'll be reading it. :D 

So, are you as excited for Wild Cards as I am? (With or without the jumping and squeeing?) Add it on GoodReads

So, what book has your attention this week? Leave a comment or link me to your WoW! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I sadly haven't read the Perfect Chemistry series though I really need to! But omg I'm crazy excited for this book too, everyone's talking about it and some bloggers I know who've read it say it's amazing :) Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...