Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stacking The Shelves / What's Up This Week? (Jul. 6th)


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews where people can share the fabulous books they've bought, borrowed or received during the week.







1. Faking It by Cora Carmack

2. Inbetween by Tara Fuller 

3. The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

4. The Collector by Victoria Scott 

Yes, I'm finally back. The next few days may be quiet here since my PC is going to the shop on Monday--I decided not to get a new one yet, and my mother is on holidays so this one can finally get fixed--but I will say that it's good to be running with a fresh set of batteries again. :)

This week has been pretty laid back. Jay and I have been watching a DC cartoon called Young Justice, I'm been playing Dragon Age: Origins on my PS3 and I'm going to be chilling with some pizza and a good book tonight since everyone else is going to a racing event. (Totally not my thing, but I hope they have fun!)

I'm debating between getting a tablet or a Wii U. I know, two totally different things, right? I figure whichever I don't get now I'll get around my birthday next year. I have money saved from my "I thought I was getting a PC" situation, though, and I think I deserve a treat. (Specifically I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. I think the stylus aspect is awesome. Considering how much I love my Nintendo DS it seems like it could be a good fit.)

No guarantees I'll get through all of these before next Saturday, but here's what I'm itching to sit down with:




Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler

Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck

Faking It by Cora Carmack

I'm currently working on a set of six prequel stories for the Sealer Saga. I've realized that it's not going to make sense unless I start from the root of what caused all the trouble with Ruby. I'm actually very pleased with how this story, Promise Me Forever, is going. It's Kyden's story with his first love, Lila. It's actually a tragedy, which is certainly something I never imagined myself writing. I'm now 21,000 words in and I'm guestimating this will end up being around 35,000 words when it's done. According to my outline I have 4.5 chapters and an epilogue left to write. (The .5 is because I'm half through a chapter right now.)

Want a teaser? Here's one I put up on my Facebook Author Page this week: (Note: This is from my rough draft. :) )

He reached forward and took her hand, bringing it to his lips and brushing a soft kiss against her knuckles. "Kyden speaks well of you, Lila. It's a pleasure to meet you at last."

"Who--"

"This is Lucian." Kyden answered before she could finish asking the question. He looked up at the Dark Lord and Lila noticed with some amusement that little worry lines had formed at the corners of his mouth. "You can quite with the Compulsion any time, Luc. I don't feel like watching my consort stare at you like she wants to rip off your clothes."


Well, that's it for me this week. :) Did you get any new books you're excited about? What are you reading? Writing? Doing? Feel free to share!

7 comments:

  1. Great post. I actually tried to read Losing It by Cora Carmack and I couldn't get through it but maybe Faking it will be different. Enjoy your new books :)

    My STS
    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, busy girl! Have you been working on your other story at all? I think you renamed it but I believe it was originally The Mansion You Stole? I really need to get busy writing - I've been doing everything BUT lately. I got Losing It and Faking It and I hope to start them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be getting back to work on Mansion--which got renamed Sweet Rebellion--once I get the rough draft of Promise Me Forever done. If all goes well, that'll be August. :D I paused working on Sweet Rebellion when the PC messed up and I started writing Promise Me Forever as Google files since it's not a full length novel. (I'm guessing it'll hit 30 - 35k.)

      Losing It is awesome and I'm enjoying what I've read of Faking It. Trying to juggle three books right now--Faking it, Breath, and Tiger's Voyage. Gotta slow down and finish them one at a time. But the next few days should let me do that. (PC is going in. Finally!)

      Delete
  3. I just got Faking it this week too! The Summer I became a Nerd is a must read for me this summer. Happy Reading!
    Here is my STS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...