Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon 2014

The Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon is hosted by My Shelf Confessions. I've been taking part in these read-a-thons for years now, but what are the odds that one would be happening right when I decided to get back to blogging? The timing could not be more perfect. :)

This is probably the longest read-a-thon I've participated in, and I think it will be interesting to see how that turns out. At the same time, I need to get back into the habit of blogging, and I have a novella rough draft and novel revisions going on, so I'm not trying to win any awards with the number of books vs. number of days here.

What I'm Reading: 

The next few days will likely be all about contemporary YA and NA. Why? First off, books in these genres tend to be quick and are likely to easily grab my attention. Second, I have a ton of paranormal and fantasy reviews to write and these will complement them. And third, contemporary tends to be what I want to read when I am drafting, which is what I'm doing with the Sealer's Promise prequel, To Grant A Dark Gift. With all that in mind, here's what I hope to devour during the read-a-thon:

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

1. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry --  I've promised to read this book a zillion times and have made a thousand excuses why I haven't. I finally got it for Kindle, so my days of excuses are over. It's time I see what all the fuss is about. I'm very interested in the premise of Katie McGarry's latest book, but I like reading things in order, so let's do this!

2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- I bought a print copy of this and the print was too small. So now I've got it for Kindle and will finally be able to enjoy it. Yay! I've been excited to read this for a while, as part of my own writing history is being involved in several fandoms. I haven't written for one in years, but that + the whole college thing should meld together in interesting ways.

3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally -- I'm sure you've all heard my thousand and one excuses for not getting this one done. And I'm sure you know none of them were that I disliked the part I read. So again--let's ditch the excuses and get this done. It's long overdue and a book I've wanted to get back to for a while.

GoodReads
GoodReads
GoodReads

4. Finding It by Cora Carmack -- This is pretty much guaranteed to be great. I've read and loved other books by Cora, so I figure, why not read this one as part of the read-a-thon? I'm taking a few chances on new authors, so I may as well have a couple books in here that are by people whose stories I already know I enjoy. :)

5. Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker -- I have heard so much good about this book and I want to know why. The premise sounds promising, the cover is gorgeous, and it's under 300 pages. What have I got to lose?

6. Played by Liz Fichera -- I absolutely loved Liz's first book, Hooked. So reading Played is an absolute no brainer for me. I liked Sam and Riley in book #1, so finding out how they get together should be a fun journey to take.

Challenges: 

N/A ... for now.

Daily Updates:

Tuesday, July 15th

Wednesday, July 16th

Thursday, July 17th

Friday, July 18th

Saturday, July 19th

Sunday, July 20th

Monday, July 21st

Tuesday, July 22nd

Wednesday, July 23rd

Are you taking part in this year's Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon? Feel free to tell me what you're reading or to link me to your post. :) 

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...