Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello? Kat? You there?


Yeah, I think that pic pretty much sums up how things are going right now. It's not that they are bad. Actually, they are fantastic. But I've been insanely busy, which has lead to less reading, which has lead to a lack of blogging. But let me fill you in on a few things so that you get the full picture.

I am currently reading The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder. While I am nowhere near ready to give you a full review on this yet, I can tell you that I am 125 pages in and I am really enjoying it. This book was a gamble for me to choose, since I know the subject matter is super heavy and I don't always click well with books of that nature. But the premise grabbed me and I've been reading a fair bit of fantasy, paranormal and dystopian so I felt it was time for a change of pace. Please be aware: my prodding speed in reading this is to do with everything else. Not the quality of this book.

Moon Dance edits are progressing decently well. I am not going as fast as I would like, but at least I am moving forward. These are eating a huge amount of my time and energy. I hope the lack of focus over here at I Write, I Read, I Review isn't disappointing people too much, but I *have* to get these revisions done if I want to meet the schedule I have set for my book. Moon Dance is incredibly important to me, so I must ask for your patience here. Thank you.

The finals for the singing contest that I am in are this Friday at the Portsmouth Tavern in Kingston. I am going to be singing Poker Face by Lady GaGa and Unchained Melody by LeAnn Rimes. This is another place where a lot of my time has been going. I practice at least two hours a day. Fortunately, the results of all that work will be revealed on Friday evening, so that will be one less thing I'll need to be focusing on. If you live in the area and would like to cheer me on, you can find directions here. The contest starts at 9:30 p.m.

Last, of course, is the fact that TERA Online is having their third Closed Beta Test this weekend and Jay and I are both taking part. This is going to be my first weekend playing TERA so I have been researching everything about it and trying to decide what class and race I am interested in being. What do you think, guys? Elin (left) or Castanic (right)?

Demon-like beings with horns
Cute little sprites with animal ears and tails











Okay, now that I have that out of the way...

Q: What's happening with Leap Into Indie?

A: I need to go and get a new prepaid card. I will announce a winner once I have that.

Q: Any other plans for this week?

A: I have received something pretty awesome in the mail so I should be doing an IMM this weekend. I may also put up videos from the singing contest and art from the TERA Beta. I realize some of this isn't book related, but I figure it's better to update with the interesting things going on in my life rather then hiding under my bed because I'm behind on reading. :D


But now if you'll excuse me, I have Kess tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me that I have a scene to write where he rescues Sara from a fire. ;) My characters can be quite persistent, I'm afraid. (Kess: You know you love us.) Yeah, right. *wink* I hope this week is treating you all well. :) Bye!

7 comments:

  1. If I had a way to get to K-town, I'd totally come cheer you on! The only bus that goes from here leaves at some dumbass hour like 11pm, which is completely useless, especially since the terminal isn't near anything in Kingston. *rolls eyes* You should definitely post vids, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see them. Good luck!!!
    I hope edits continue to go well for you. They really are extremely time consuming. I loved them and hated them at the same time. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kat! Good luck at the singing contest!

    You know, I actually took this past month off from writing but lately, Kimmy has been huffing and rolling her eyes, so I had to start up again, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys. :D I will make sure the video camera is charged and ends up in my purse. :p My dad and my brother both love fiddling with it so getting someone to record shouldn't be too hard.

      As for the love-hate with revision, yeah, I can relate to that fully. It's thrilling to see everything coming together as a whole, but it's like playing Janga (or however that block game is spelled) and every time you move one thing it could all collapse like a house of cards.

      I get the whole "Psst, Kat! Over here! I have this great idea!" or "Hello? Have you forgotten I exist?" or "You. Butt. Chair. Write. Now." from characters. I figure it's a good thing. If my characters weren't assertive it's likely they wouldn't be nearly as interesting. I am character driven as reader, so I *hope* my characters are interesting when I write.

      Anyway, if all goes well I should have contest videos, an IMM video and maybe even a TERA beta video up. (Why not? I've been losing sleep about getting into that, I may as well capture it.)

      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love comments! Please feel free to tell me what you think about my blog and the things I am posting. I enjoy hearing what others think. :)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...